Trade & Category Marketing Managers
£40K-£50K + Car Allowance + Significant Bonus
Excellent opportunity to take your strong commercial, strategic and creative thinking skills to one of the powerhouses in the FMCG arena. In this challenging, hands-on role, you’ll lead the development and execution of the TM plans for a power brand in the UK and other key markets; developing scalable store activation plans and ensuring each specific store format and customer is considered in each initiative/activity. This will include developing short and longer-term category strategies based on a thorough understanding of market conditions and trends and leading the annual category planning and review process; understanding business objectives and translating them into a clear roadmap for commercial execution.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring local implementation of brand strategies across customers in line with agreed brand priorities and media plans
- Developing category and merchandising guidelines for each brand across the region including model shelf layout and promotional models for each store format
- Identifying Market/Consumer/Category trends and building them into the category vision and growth story, presenting these to customers to establish us as the category expert
- Ensuring customer requirements are reflected in key projects and that NPD is suitable for customer execution
- Identifying best practice and ideas that can be scaled across the region in the context of the company’s global success models.
Our Ideal Candidate
With a robust FMCG background gained in one or more commercial function (trade marketing, sales, category management, MS&P or customer & shopper marketing) you’ll be looking for your next challenge. In what is a very dynamic and fast-paced business culture, we’re looking for someone with real commercial acumen and a thorough understanding of the customer management process within the FMCG market.
Strong analytical thinking skills are key to this role with the ability to use data to make clear, actionable business recommendations. Specific skills and experience should include:
- Very strong influencing/negotiation expertise and leadership skills
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to analyse complex information from multiple sources so as to construct effective and robust strategies and plans
- Confidence, gravitas and personal impact; someone who inspires your reports and colleagues in other functions to buy-into your recommendations and plans
A first-class, blue-chip global FMCG business with a significant portfolio of well-known and trusted brands in the global household, health and personal care sectors, trading in countries across the world. This company invests very heavily in NPD and massive ATL spends and has seen huge growth over recent years. The culture is energetic, entrepreneurial and highly results-driven with opportunities to make a substantial contribution to the business. This is a business in which you’ll find plenty of drive and energy, and a direct and open style; a business where you’ll be given the freedom to make your mark throughout your career.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists.