5 months ago
Trainee Designer, East Harling
This company is a leading designer and manufacturer of engineered timber products. Operating from eight sites around the UK, its Timber Engineering business designs and manufactures Roof Trusses and Engineered Floors.
Due to continued business success and growth, they are now looking to recruit a Trainee Designer to be based at their site in East Harling, Norfolk.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to start or change their career, has an interest in design and wants to join a growing and exciting business. You will be working as part of the Design team to learn and understand all aspects of the design function of roof trusses and joists.
Who are they looking for?
An ambitious, hardworking, motivated individual who is willing to learn, eager to progress and enjoys working in a high performing team. The company is willing to put time, resource, training and investment into the successful candidate. You will be well organised, able to plan and prioritise your daily tasks and organise your workload. You must be able to communicate well at all levels and maintain high levels of customer service. Capable of working under pressure, you must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and have a positive attitude towards work and meeting customer needs.
What you will be doing
- Provide efficient and effective design solutions in respect of the Company's engineered timber products
- Build effective working relationships with customers, liaising with them and providing an up-to-date technical information and offering a knowledgeable service.
- Interpret the customer's requirements and prepare appropriate quotations and any other relevant technical information or detail that may be necessary.
- Liaise with the Design Office Supervisor and other Designers with special reference to costings and profitability targets.
- Issue manufacturing detail as required.
- Ensure all work-related matters and information is dealt with in a timely and organised manner and to maintain a clean, tidy and organized workplace at all times.
- Ensure customer service and communication skills are effective and well received when dealing with customers and colleagues.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training plans, identifying and requesting relevant training programs where appropriate.
- Undertake work-related projects assigned by a manager and provide written reports and feedback where appropriate.
- Attend relevant external training and development courses and undergo necessary in-house training to meet both company and personal objectives.
- Salary dependant on experience
- 30 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays rising to 33 after 1 years full service.
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5.00pm).