Job Title: Trainee Product Manager
Location: Melksham and Chippenham
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience - please provide your salary expectations
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
This 100-year-old-plus company places great importance on design, the environment, community service and the health and well-being of their customers and their employees. Innovative ways to improve the performance of their customers' organisations have become their hallmark. The company designs and manufacturers their products for EMEA at their UK manufacturing facility. Their products are used by some of the most influential brands worldwide.
They are looking for a candidate with a passion for product design, the environment and the desire to build a career in an innovative and high performing global business, with a brand that is held in high esteem by its clients, dealers and the industry. You will train towards managing the development and growth of the relevant portfolio, and to ensure that the product line achieves its sales volume and profitability.
- Product champion - Intimate knowledge of the portfolio, to ensure that you can speak with authority about it, and provide technical and sales/dealer support where necessary.
- Product maintenance - Manage the introduction of new products and the ongoing maintenance of existing product lines.
- Profitability - Monitors performance against plan and accounts for any variance.
- Product forecast - Produces product forecasts, incorporating planned developments, product life cycle and market trends.
- Research - Collects and synthesizes product, competitor, customer, and market information to support product management decisions and support the sales process.
- Service strategy - Work with Operations to develop, implement and maintain a service strategy to consistently meet customer requirements.
- Communications - Work with Marketing and sales managers to develop the Marketing strategy for the portfolio.
- Training - Develop sales and product training materials to ensure sales and design employees are fully competent to independently present the company and its product portfolio.
Education and Training
- Degree or equivalent qualification in any relevant discipline.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to think logically and take a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Comfortable working as part of a team of professionals.
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritise.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to write English clearly and concisely.
- Able to articulate own thoughts clearly and persuade others.
- Able to lead decision making meetings without the formal structural authority.
- Able to contribute to strategic direction/development.
- Able to complete regular tactical tasks with accuracy and timeliness.
- Hold a current clean driving licence.
- Be flexible over working hours and be prepared to travel and spend up to 20% of time away from base location.
- Thinks logically and conceptually.
- Has confidence and 'presence' to command attention and respect outside own department.
- Willing to accept challenges, make decisions and take responsibility for results.
- Has patience and persistence to work through temporary set-backs or rejection.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role stating your current salary and expectations.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be eligible to both live and work in the UK. The company will not be providing relocation packages or sponsorship so will only consider candidates within a reasonable distance of Melksham, Wiltshire.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Product Manager, Product Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Graduate Product Manager, Product Engineer, Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Engineer, Development Engineer, Engineering Graduate, Hardware Interface Engineering, Electronics Engineer, CAD Development Engineer, Finance Graduate, Junior Product Development Engineer, Junior Design Engineer, Junior Development Engineer, Marketing Graduate, Junior Product Engineer may also be considered for this role.