4 months ago
UX Researcher, PhD University Graduate 2018
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion+ users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. For this position, we are looking for a range from qualitative specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely impacting the design of Facebook.
* Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
* Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
* Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
* Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
* Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
* Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
* PhD level education in HCI, Social Computing, Information Science or related Social Science field
* Experience conducting applied product research, and/or focus on directly relevant research topics
* Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods
* Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
* Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
* Compelling communication