This additional new role is a great opportunity for a Public Affairs Executive with some relevant experience to develop their experience and skills further in our leading Trade Association.
Within the post, you will have the chance to contribute to an essential industry critical to construction and manufacturing. Part of the attraction to the job will be the broad range of Public Policy issues are crucial to us and our Members, including (but not limited to): sustainability; land use planning; regulation; climate change; carbon, energy and resource taxation; biodiversity and nature conservation; infrastructure and public investment; transport; housing and construction. We need to understand policy development in the UK and to have effective working relationships with Government Departments, MPs, other industry bodies, NGOs and other stakeholders. These issues and stakeholders will continue to evolve post Brexit, but an equally significant issue is the effective management of our relationships with regional and local government and organisations as policy devolution continues in England.
As a result of the above, our Public Affairs team needs to be more proactive than ever on these and other developing topics, so this is an "outward facing" role, reporting to our Director of Public Affairs and working with a range of colleagues.
In turn, you will have:
- A keen interest and ability in Public Affairs, shown already within either a Parliamentary or Public Affairs role, and showing competence in "issues management" and contacts with political and policy audiences across the Party political spectrum.
- Good written, presentational, and general communications skills and an ability to produce accurate and concise outputs.
- Able to interpret sometimes complex industry issues and communicate these simply.
- Work effectively with specialist and technical colleagues.
- Knowledge of the Parliamentary system, English Devolution and associated information sources.
- Finally, a self-starter, who can manage a workload independently, but also works closely, effectively, and collaboratively with colleagues..
Please apply today to be considered for this excellent newly-created opportunity.
Do you wish to replace the existing data in your profile with data from your new CV upload?