5 months ago
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, surgical oncology, general surgery, neurosurgery & neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
The NHS is a series of complex & multilayered accounts with an increasing number of stakeholders & influencers. Payers, patients & policy makers are looking increasingly for companies to offer true value-added solutions rather than just products.
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will develop mutually beneficial relationships with Key Accounts in order for Johnson & Johnson Medical devices to become the preferred long-term strategic partner and drive profitable sales and market share growth.
The SAM will develop, lead and implement the strategic account plan in line with the Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Commercial Strategy.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Your role will require you to build in-depth understanding of ‘targeted account’ customers in order to match appropriate J&J Medical device offerings and develop mutually beneficial solutions.
* You are required to build strong relationships with a broad range of key stakeholders within and outside of the theatre environment in order to secure long-term sales growth for J&J Medical devices. You will be required to take ownership of the non-clinical stakeholder mapping in ‘target accounts’ and understand the internal politics to drive the strategic direction.
* You are required to drive J&J customer interaction to maximise our potential in a changing market environment.
* You must articulate and sell the J&J Medical device value proposition tailored to strategic accounts in order to develop long term partnership agreements.
* Your role is ultimately selling however you must work closely with the sales organizations across J&J by leading multimillion pound tender applications and ensuring their successful acceptance.
* Through this process we are required to manage price, volume and mix and other commercial terms for strategic accounts in line with national strategy in order to secure market value
* You must strategically co-ordinate internal resources to deliver appropriate Value-Added Solutions for allocated target accounts
* Collaboration with internal stakeholders is essential, to deliver solutions to customers including Health Economics and Reimbursement, Healthcare Compliance and Legal.
* Continuous feedback of environmental knowledge, market intelligence and sales opportunities to sales and marketing colleagues is a key to success in the role.
* You need to keep up to date with areas such as (but not exclusive to) market trends and in particular focus on changes in funding, service delivery, policy changes, and healthcare hubs which may affect the implementation of the J&J Commercial Strategy.
* Additional involvement will be required outside of specific role, of undertaking of specific projects as agreed with the J&J Commercial Leadership Team.
Skills and competencies required:
* Excellent understanding of the UK Healthcare System, its structure and priorities
* Understanding of health economic principles
* Extensive knowledge of the UK medical devices industry
* Presentation skills are essential
* Negotiation skills are essential
* First class communication skills
* Project Management Skills are essential
* Problem solving skills are a must
* IT literate – ability to analyse and present information using appropriate IT resources
* Ability to analyse and interpret data, highly numerate
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)