10 months ago
More information about this job
Signal Noise is a design studio for a data driven age. We began our journey with 3 founders in 2010, and we are now a team of 34 based in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford East London. Our clients include UBS, Wired Magazine, The Economist Group, The Guardian, BCG, Open Systems, Formula One and Trading Screen to name a few.
We create data visulisations, tools and dashboards and our clients include Accenture, EE and Unilever. Acquired by The Economist Group in October 2016. This partnership will enable us to step up the innovative and disruptive quality of the visual data storytelling we produce for our clients, and t create cutting edge content and tools for a data-driven age.
We are looking for an experienced Account Director to be part of our of Client Services team to help us continue to grow one of our largest and fastest growing accounts. The client is one of the world’s leading management consultancies with over 80 locations around the world. We work across their global proprietary product team to deliver enterprise products to a wide ranging number of business sectors.
In this role you would be expected to:
* Primary contact for the client, managing and building relationships with stakeholders across the globe
* Become an expert on the client’s business and strategy as well as your contacts’ personal ambitions and understand how to use this to grow the account in a way that delivers success to the client’s business
* Develop and implement a strategy for how to manage the account and increase client revenue
* Manage the initiation of new client work, from identifying the best resource, to scoping the project, writing Scope of Work’s, creating timelines and briefing internal teams so they are set up for success
* Overseeing the delivery of work, regularly checking-in with the client leads throughout the project delivery to ensure their needs are supported
* Working with the product delivery team to constantly review project success and make improvements
* Tracking project spend, overseeing the client’s budget and managing the finances as needed
* Independently lead and make decisions that balance the needs of key clients with internal goals and teams
* A passion for helping your clients build exciting interactions and compelling narratives through design and digital executions
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you must have:
* Digital experience is a must – a minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing interactie projects , and managing creative teams and clients
* Experience working within the financial services industry and/or management consultancies is essential
* Knowledgeable about user experience design practices, agile methodologies and an interest in product strategy and business
To succeed in the role you must demonstrate:
* Demonstrable experience of growing accounts, running budgets and building relationships for global clients
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, with strong presentation, communication and closing ability
* Strong client facing and relationship building skills are a must. This is a very relationship driven piece of business where trust and collaboration with clients are key to their creative ambitions
* Need to be proactive, able to drive projects forward and make things happen
* A real passion for the digital world with a keen interest in digital products as a business. You are probably an early adopter of tech and innovation and know much more than the average account director about the part this can play in business.
* Experience overseeing overall account P&L
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.