7 months ago
The Account Director will report to the Radio Group Head with a dotted line into the Group Business Director.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that we build agency revenues through airtime trading and creative solutions whilst continuing to uphold a reputation in the market for delivering unrivalled excellent customer service. This is through the efficient turnaround of proposals using insight and knowledge and proactive pitches using an understanding of the agency, client and Bauer brands.
The Account Director will be responsible for managing the airtime and creative agency revenues across our portfolio of brands and platforms, specifically selling to Havas, UM, Initiative, Unilever, the7stars, John Ayling and Associates, Maxus, The Village Communications, Bountiful Cow and AMS. While radio airtime trading and radio-led creative solutions will be their core focus, the successful candidate will so be selling a selection of key cross-platform partnership opportunities across Bauer’s print, events, digital and TV properties.
Furthermore, as the appetite for digital and digital audio increases, the candidate is expected to lead our digital audio proposition and understand our digital audio strategy, raising both our profile and securing incremental revenue, whilst having a strong understanding of Bauer’s programmatic position.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Driving airtime and creative revenue and share across the agencies listed above, utilising existing agency contacts and leveraging existing agency relationships.
* Having an in-depth knowledge of the radio and digital audio markets and what our competitors are doing along with the ability to talk about the current markets developments and company plans for the future.
* Knowledge of the media landscape
* Ensuring you have an in-depth knowledge of your agencies and their clients.
* Managing trading contracts
* Actively selling the One Bauer Media proposition – whilst radio and digital should be your main responsibility, you will be expected to be an advocate for magazines too.
* Providing your agencies with competitor reports, programming updates, RAJAR figures and all other ad-hoc requests.
* Selling creatively – pitching against other media and proactively selling through creative pitches, supported by insight and research.
* Delivering the best customer service in the industry.
* Negotiating on campaigns day to day
You will have:
* Proven radio media experience with an understanding of current media markets in the UK
* Experience planning radio airtime campaigns using Planit and JET software or similar, and troubleshooting in order to answer questions or concerns raised by agency contacts.
* Experience working on radio-led cross-platform briefs
* Experience working on national station only and local station only radio campaigns.
* A strong consultative sales approach with proven ability to close big deals
* Experience working with radio programming, and digital editorial teams.
* Experience in an agency/client facing customer service role.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a good telephone manner.
* Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to engage both internal and external audiences.
* A true team-player with enthusiasm and passion, with proven experience mentoring, supporting and motivating junior team members.
* Extensive knowledge of all Bauer Media brands, particularly radio.
* Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
This role offers an annual salary of £30,000 - £39,500 per annum, dependent on experience.