8 months ago
The Lawyer is the market leading media brand for commercial lawyers and in-house counsel, both in the UK and globally. With unrivalled audience in digital, print and events, The Lawyer recruitment team provides its clients with highly relevant and effective channels to engage with target candidates.
The Lawyer was recently awarded the PPA Business Media Brand of the Year 2017 so this is a great opportunity for any potential applicant to work on one of the premier brands in B2B Media.
Purpose of Role:
To sell recruitment advertising solutions to a dedicated client base of Legal companies and recruitment consultancies via the phone. The role is an even split of account management of existing clients and developing new business in order to maintain The Lawyer brands dominant position as a market leader in its community.
- Selling across a portfolio of products including recruitment advertising online and print including brand extensions like special supplements and magazines.
- Presenting to key decision makers over the phone at marketing agencies, high spending recruitment consultancies and advertising agencies (and other relevant clients).
- Ensuring maximum revenue at maximum yield is achieved.
- Cross Selling and up-selling additional online options.
- Maintaining all records on the salesforce database ensuring that all individual and company details are correct and up to date.
- Ensuring signed order confirmations are received before jobs are published.
- Negotiating with customers and media agencies.
- Researching and canvassing for new business.
- Identifying sales opportunities and effectively presenting key features.
- Monitor competitor publications and websites to seek and convert leads. Also monitor new clients and industry developments for lead conversion.
- Effective time management of weekly bookings and monthly credit contracts.
- Meet monthly magazine publishing deadlines.
- Working to agreed targets and effective communication of revenue booked to ensure up to date revenue records.
- Adherence to the Centaur Sales Excellence Programme including 90 minutes of client contact time per day.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Relationship Management - Deliver Maximum revenues from new and existing clients while offering an excellent client service.
- Generating new contacts/business to raise the profile of the title, and to generate new revenue sources.
- Maintaining and building client relationships.
- Attend industry events and awards.
Knowledge - Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products.
- Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
- Researching company activities, divisions, locations, size of clients and recruitment activity.
Communication - Contacting key decision makers and developing an understanding of their business.
- Developing relationships with existing clients and new contacts.
- Preparing templates for email proposals.
- Communicating regularly with management regarding prospective business and objectives planned for agencies / clients.
Key Competencies- Experience of recruitment or fast paced transactional B2B sales.
- Proven sales and negotiation skills.
- Time management.
- Overall uplift in recruitment revenues for your assigned client base, demonstrating a mix of new product development, sales and enhanced revenue generation on existing products
- Achievement of personal and team revenue targets as agreed with the Commercial Director