4 months ago
Purpose of Role
* To sell recruitment and display advertising solutions across The Engineer portfolio in print, online and sponsorship solutions.
Context of the Role
* Centaur is a leading business information, publishing and events group providing marketing and information solutions within high value professional and commercial market communities.
For 160 years The Engineer has been the market leading brand provided news, features and insight on technological developments affecting the Engineering community.
* Selling across a portfolio of products including recruitment advertising in both print and online and display advertising solutions in the print magazine, online and across special events.
* Presenting to key decision makers over the phone at marketing agencies, high spending recruitment consultancies and advertising agencies (and other relevant clients).
* Ensuring maximum revenue at maximum yield is achieved.
* Cross Selling and up-selling additional online options.
* Maintaining all records on the salesforce database ensuring that all individual and company details are correct and up to date.
* Ensuring signed order confirmations are received before the relevant publication has been published.
* Negotiating with customers and media agencies.
* Researching and canvassing for new business.
* Identifying sales opportunities and effectively presenting key features.
* Monitor competitor publications and websites to seek and convert leads. Also monitor new clients and industry developments for lead conversion.
* Effective time management of weekly bookings and monthly credit contracts.
* Work effectively to meet all sales deadlines.
* Working to agreed targets and effective communication of revenue booked to ensure up to date revenue records
* A minimum of 1 hour 30 minutes on the phone per day
* Deliver Maximum revenues from new and existing clients while offering an excellent client service.
* Generating new contacts/business to raise the profile of the title, and to generate new revenue sources.
* Maintaining and building client relationships.
* Meet clients and customers face to face to understand their requirements.
* Attend industry events and awards.
* Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products.
* Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
* Researching company activities, divisions, locations, size of clients and recruitment activity.
* Contacting key decision makers and developing an understanding of their business.
* Developing relationships with existing clients and new contacts.
* Preparing templates for email proposals.
* Communicating regularly with management regarding prospective business and objectives planned for agencies / clients.
* Proven Sales and Negotiation skills
* Experience of the recruitment and display advertising markets.
* Time Management
* Excellent Communication Skills