3 months ago
Future’s global B2B group operates market leading trade publications serving professionals in the audiovisual, consumer technology, education technology, music, media and entertainment technology, and professional audio industries. Our brands have a long-standing and trusted affinity within their markets, providing independent information platforms for businesses and market professionals as their markets continue to evolve.
This role presides over one of the music industry’s flagship music titles, Music Week, which celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. Working within a local UK team reporting into the commercial director, as well collaboratively with the global B2B commercial teams, this is a key role in securing and building revenue for the music and pro audio technology groups, as well as cross-selling into peer market verticals such as audiovisual and media and entertainment technology.
Job Summary & Purpose
This role is designed to drive new business and increase current client spend through a mixture of consultative account management and relationship building. It is a mixture of account management and brand management offering the opportunity to not only work client direct but to run the day to day needs of the Music Week brand.
Key role responsibilities
* Delivering new revenue and increasing current revenue across specialist music media outlets via Music Week. The role entails cross-platform selling: print, digital and event sponsorships with a focus on managing and growing the new business portfolio for the title. The role requires a consultative approach, liaising with senior stakeholders on their business needs.
* Handling 50 key accounts across the music industry and building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders in their business.
* Building and managing a pipeline of opportunities for advertiser investment across Music Week’s digital, print and event offerings. This includes product management, market research, competitor analysis and target setting.
* Working closely with the UK commercial director, SVP of B2B global and group content director to establish new products and services to provide the music industry.
* Designing and implementing marketing campaigns to send to the industry to drive new business.
* Training and recruitment of staff across internal procedures, business acumen, niche and bespoke product offerings and target setting.
* Drafting of sales reports, competitor analysis, YoY trends to send to the commercial director. These reports cover both trends within the music industry and internal company trends.
* Working closely with the director of global events on sponsorship sales, pipeline management, event operations and brand building.
Essential skills and experience
* Extensive experience in media account management
* Proven expert knowledge of the music and entertainment industry
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
* Acute attention to detail
* Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills and ability to make decisions under pressure
Closing date for applications: 2nd May 2019