3 months ago
The Marketing and Creative brands are the market leading media brand for marketing, digital and creative vacancies. With un-rivalled audience in print, online and events, the Marketing and Creative brands provides advertisers with highly relevant and effective channels to engage their target market.
The key purpose of this role is to sell recruitment and advertising solutions to a dedicated client base of marketing, digital and creative companies and recruitment consultancies via the phone and regular face to face meetings. The role is an even split of account management of existing clients and developing new business in order to maintain The Marketing and Creative brands dominant position as market leaders in their community.
* Selling across a portfolio of products including recruitment advertising in both print and online including brand extensions like special supplements and magazines.
* Presenting to key decision makers over the phone at marketing agencies, high spending recruitment consultancies and advertising agencies (and other relevant clients).
* Ensuring maximum revenue at maximum yield is achieved.
* Cross Selling and up-selling additional online options.
* Maintaining all records on the Salesforce database ensuring that all individual and company details are correct and up to date.
* Ensuring signed order confirmations are received before the relevant publication has been published.
* Negotiating with customers and media agencies.
* Researching and canvassing for new business.
* Identifying sales opportunities and effectively presenting key features.
* Monitor competitor publications and websites to seek and convert leads. Also monitor new clients and industry developments for lead conversion.
* Effective time management of weekly bookings and monthly credit contracts.
* Meet weekly magazine publishing deadlines.
* Working to agreed targets and effective communication of revenue booked to ensure up to date revenue records
* A minimum of 1 hour 30 minutes on the phone per day
* Deliver Maximum revenues from new and existing clients while offering an excellent client service.
* Generating new contacts/business to raise the profile of the title, and to generate new revenue sources.
* Maintaining and building client relationships.
* Meet clients and customers face to face to understand their requirements.
* Attend industry events and awards.
* Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products.
* Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
* Researching company activities, divisions, locations, size of clients and recruitment activity.
* Contacting key decision makers and developing an understanding of their business.
* Developing relationships with existing clients and new contacts.
* Preparing templates for email proposals.
* Communicating regularly with management regarding prospective business and objectives planned for agencies / clients.
* Proven Sales and Negotiation skills
* Time Management
* Excellent Communication Skills