27 days ago
About the Team
The UK Commercial team are responsible for generating £36 million of advertising revenue into our websites, magazines, events and awards. We have a team of 60 people who are located in our Bath, London and Bromsgrove offices. Our sales people have a reputation for being creative, delivering exceptional service to our clients and advertising agencies, they are experts in the verticals in which they work and are adaptable, flexible and embrace a challenge. We have a strong work ethic and determinedly go the extra mile to ensure we hit our targets.
In addition to the sales team, we have support teams of ad operations, creative solutions, project management, programmatic, product development and marketing.
We have many clients that advertise with us and in addition we are constantly looking to source and convert new clients to advertise so they too can reap the benefits from using our advertising products and audiences to grow their business.
When our thousands of advertisers and brand partners are happy, so are we! Our Commercial team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the face of Future, helping partners build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of our client’s businesses. Our teams of account managers, strategists, analysts, and support specialists collaborate closely to help our commercial clients to achieve their goals through effective advertising. Together, we create and implement advertising business plans for every type of business.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for maximising commercial opportunities and generating advertising revenue from key clients across our Field Sports vertical. Brands in this vertical include; Airgun Shooter, BOW International, Clay Shooting, Sporting Rifle, Gun Trade News, Shoot in Scotland and The Shooting Show.
You will talk confidently about the vertical market you work in and be able to effectively pitch for business and hold a negotiation both over the phone and face to face. You will be able to think on your feet and add ideas to the discussion as it progresses either over the phone or in a face to face meeting.
You will manage and develop existing clients as well as looking for potential new clients whom would benefit from advertising with us. We will train you, support you and motivate you to deliver your targets.
You will develop and maintain excellent customer relationships so that Future has an excellent reputation in the market in which you serve by offering an unrivalled level of customer service.
You will ensure you are driving the best possible yields from your clients and that you are maximising wherever possible, best market share position, forward booking series, upselling and gaining long term series business.
You will manage your client base like you would your own business, thus knowing how much revenue is in your pipeline, and in turn delivering accurate forecasts and revenue projections. You will take responsibility for ensuring you are delivering in line with role objectives and revenue targets.
This is a 9 month contract to cover maternity leave. Whilst the role is based out of the Bromsgrove office, remote working would be considered depending on experience, however you would be required to attend the office during the first 2 weeks and then for 2 days every 2 to 3 weeks.
Along with a good basic salary, the commission scheme is competitive and rewarding. As this is a fixed term contract role, the commission scheme will be tailored and based on personal revenue booked during the contract.
Key role responsibilities
* You will have approximately 60-100 key clients, depending on the market in which you work. Your clients will vary from spending under £3k a year to over £15k a year with Future
* You will work with editorial, marketing, and other areas of the business, to create bespoke ideas, and then pitch and sell these to your client base to generate increased YoY revenues, to take revenue from our competitors or to gain new revenues from other budgets e.g. PR. Increasing market share in print is important to our current strategy
* All roles in the commercial team are revenue generating and it is critical that you are delivering in line with your monthly revenue target as a minimum
* Your role will be a mixture of speaking to your clients on the phone, going to see them face to face, and regularly communicating with them via email
* Alongside your manager you will come up with creative ideas that will encourage your clients to spend additional revenue on advertising
* Developing new business may be an important part of the role by identifying lapsed or new clients that would benefit from advertising in our brands
* You will be required to generate revenue from your patch such that you deliver against the targeted x4.5 multiplier
What do I need to succeed?
* You will have proven media sales experience (1-2 years) in selling magazines or digital advertising
* Excellent sales skills with the ability to develop client solutions and close deals
* A team player who is comfortable working with colleagues but has the ability to be self motivated and take the initiative
* Brilliant communication skills with the confidence to speak with a range of clients both through written and verbal communication tools
* Excellent influencing skills and objection handling skills with a focus on client relationship management
* Drive to deliver against targets and KPIS
* Adaptable and flexible
* Positive, “let’s do this” attitude
* You will be required to have a strong work ethic at all times and a willingness to learn and to embrace and demonstrate our values
* Full UK driving licence
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
* Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
* A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
* Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
* Central office locations with cool open plan working spaces
* Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
* Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
* Annual Future conference – get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what’s next
* Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
* Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
* Give something back- Future will match your personal charity fundraising efforts up to £300
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!