3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
In Finance Operations, you'll be part of the financial heart of Sky, working to ensure we're recognised as a World Class finance team. You’ll be key to driving our change agenda to ensure we deliver for our business partners, freeing them to focus on delivery for our Customers.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As the Financial Analyst of Accounts Payable, you'll be a key part of the FinOps Leadership team, working with the Financial Controller to deliver both the operational and strategic objectives of the department.
- Lead the AP Content Team and contributute to the wider Accounts Payable reporting function. Setting objectives and day to day tasks within a small team, supporting the development of those that report to you
- Contribute to the wider continuous improvement agenda within Finance Operations, driving improvements in key areas including exceptions monitoring and payment processes
- Owning the reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators within Accounts Payable, working with Team leaders to improve their areas with valuable and insightful analysis
- Liaising with a wide network of Stakeholders confidently, ensuring that they are provided with relevant, timely and accurate information which informs and directs business decisions
- Work to ensure that Accounts Payable maintain a strong, robust and well-designed control environment as well as being the first point of contact for both internal and external audit assignments covering Accounts Payable
- Review and drive weekly performance target achievement across the various functions within Accounts Payable
- Be responsible for all month end reporting associated with Accounts Payable, including review of balance sheet submissions, control reporting and analytical review.
- A recognised accounting qualification - (ACCA, CIMA, CA)
- An organised and methodical individual, possessing attention to detail whilst working under pressure.
- Experience working within a Shared Service environment is desirable, particularly within an Accounts Payable environment
- Experience of managing individuals, setting objectives and targets as well as developing their skills
- Proven record of delivery, particularly of insightful and value adding analysis to customers
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of presenting to Senior Stakeholders and building strong, long lasting relationships with them
- Strong IT skills, particularly using Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of SAP is desirable
- A self-starter attitude, relying less on direction and more on personal initiative
- A flexible individual, who is open to tackle new tasks as and when required but may be outside of the core day job (and description)
- Experience of managingleading projects in a large organisation, with cross functional inputs and complex issues
- Knowledge of SOX controls is desirable
International Mobility and EnglishItalianGerman language would be advantageous.
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about