4 months ago
Britvic is the name behind iconic and market-leading brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Squash’d, J2O, R.Whites, Gatorade, 7UP and Lipton – and we are on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world. To get there we need to be continually sharpening our competitive edge, maximising value through creative, effective, strategic, passionate and professional Operational teams.
Progress your career:
Britvic is a very exciting and supportive place to be, with award winning brands, a clear vision, personal development and an open and honest culture. We offer a comprehensive package for this position - including a highly competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, enhanced company pension contributions, share save schemes, annual pay reviews, healthcare, vouchers and a whole host of flexible benefits.
About the Role:
To effectively and efficiently manage a team of 4 credit controllers:
* To lead and develop a team of credit controllers.
* To drive the collection and query process to achieve collection and overdue targets.
* To act as an escalation point for overdue accounts, driving actions with business partners to resolved queries
The role sits within a team of 12
* Effective resource planning to ensure cover within the team to cover all core activities.
* Recruit and develop team; ensuring a personal development and training plan in place for each team member.
* To oversee accurate daily cash forecasting; communicating effectively with Treasury.
* To drive aged debt reduction to achieve monthly targets.
* To drive queries through to resolution, identifying root cause, making recommendations and solutions by engaging the support of business partners
* Ensure team compliance with standard operating procedures and finance controls.
* To provide cover for your line manager, assisting in managing the day to day operations.
* To embrace new initiatives, positively supporting the department in change and innovation.
* Continually support and contribute to the team achieving a world class status
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Experience of leading a target driven team.
* Experience of influencing business partners to resolve queries.
* Experience of training/on boarding new team members to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
* Good understanding of basic accounting and VAT principles.
* Thoroughness and attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* MS Office (Word/Excel and PowerPoint)
* Experience of managing change in a Shared Service environment.
* Experience of documenting standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
* Experience of international collections and methods.
* Experience of using credit insurance.
* Experience of working in a Finance Shared Service Centre.
* Experience of the Order to Cash process and automated workflow.
* Good understanding of different types of insolvencies and methods for recovery.
* Working knowledge of multicurrency ERP systems preferably SAP
* GCSE level
* ACICM Level 3
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.