2 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
The Accounts Receivable Team Leader manages the delivery of order to cash (O2C) services within the Italian Finance Delivery team.
As the Accounts Receivable Team Leader you’ll be a key part of the Italian Finance Delivery Leadership team, working with the Financial Controller to deliver both the operational and strategic objectives of the department.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Lead the Accounts Receivable team to deliver the required service in line with agreed service level agreements (SLAs)
- Be responsible for maintaining the end to end process ownership for the teams’ deliverables, includ
ing cash allocation, subscriber payment query resolution, refunds, creation of automatic collections (direct debit and credit card), account reconciliations and all associated reporting
- Day-to-day manage the team, setting objectives and supporting the development of direct reports (circa 10 people)
- Provide strong O2C leadership and customer service focus whilst demonstrating an understanding of the wider financial implications of the teams’ activities
- Liaise with a wide network of Stakeholders confidently, developing strong, long lasting relationships with them
- Embed and promote the culture of continuous improvement, leading initiatives associated with end to end accounts receivable processes
The right candidate will have experience of managing large teams and have a proven track record of delivery to tight deadlines, as well as possessing strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of managing individuals, both to ensure optimal delivery of service and supporting the development of direct reports required to help the team and the individuals prosper
- Strong organisational skills, possessing attention to detail whilst working under pressure
- Strong IT skills, particularly using Excel and PowerPoint
- A flexible approach, open to tackle new tasks as and when required which may be outside core hours and job description
- Excellent communication skills with experience of building strong, long lasting relationships with Senior Stakeholders
- A self- starter attitude, relying less on direction and more on personal initiative
- Italian language skills for business – the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Part qualified and actively studying toward an accounting qualification with a clear plan for completion (minimum level 2 of CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) Continued study support an option
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience of working within a Shared Service environment, particularly within an Accounts Receivable function
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about