8 months ago
Advertising Director - Current Affairs
Updated at, 2019-04-09T14:35:33-04:00
The role of the Advertising Director will be to manage the commercial development of all commercial revenues of the Current Affairs division working closely with the Executive Director, Group Advertising Director and Advertising Manager. You will also have day to day responsibility managing and developing the team.
This role will have a particular focus on digital strategy working to grow digital revenues across the portfolio including display, programmatic, partnerships, lead generation and events. A key focus of this role is the development and implementation of a monetization strategy for Money Week from the financial sector.
We’re looking for an extremely talented Advertising Director, with the experience, knowledge base and confidence to educate and inspire new and existing clients. An exceptional negotiator, you’ll have a true passion for closing sales.
You’ll be an insightful voice at internal and client meetings. Forging relationships with colleagues will be a true talent of yours as well – you’ll know when to work independently, and when to collaborate. As this role has a focus on digital revenues it's essential you have expertise in all digital channels.
The success of this role will be:
* To maximise revenue and asset value of the Current Affairs portfolio (currently The Week, The Week Junior and Money Week).
* To work with the senior team to achieve and/or exceed the revenue targets for the portfolio.
* To manage and develop the sales team to ensure best in class including a strong digital proposition.
* To manage the Advertising Manager to ensure the team is performing at its peak.
* Work with the Executive Director and Group Advertising Director to ensure a best in class client and agency sales strategy.
* Head up the digital agency and client strategy for the Current Affairs group including the launch of a global site and Project Capture (Money Week).
* Ensure the Current Affairs Division has unrivalled market-share and has relevant market position against its nearest competition.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!