6 months ago
Advertising Manager - MadeForMums
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting into the Head of Sales, we require a strong sales leader who will relish the opportunity of capitalising on our strong market position as a meaningful challenger brand within the parenting sector.
We’re looking for a candidate with primarily digital advertising experience. The successful candidate will have strategic vision, combined with creativity and flexibility. An eye for being able to identify key growth opportunities and execute these, combined with team building skills are also crucial in succeeding in this role.
Working with us is rewarding and we like to have some fun along the way… here is the highlight video from our Summer Festival, IMFest:
* Devise and implement a cohesive ad sales strategy to ensure maximum ad revenue for MadeForMums.
* Work closely with the audience and centralized teams to maximise revenue
* Grow the digital ad revenue line through identifying and developing new products, clients and commercial opportunities.
* Set revenue budgets for the MadeForMums and Junior brands.
* Develop and implement annual sales strategies across both sites.
* Analyse and identify sector and market trends and commercial revenue streams to add value to the portfolio
* Develop revenues within non endemic client and agency led sectors
* Collaborate and hold accountable centralized teams to drive revenue for reach focussed clients
* Manage the MadeForMums sales team day to day
* Motivate and actively lead the successful business relationships with clients and agency contacts - leading from the front is crucial
* Recruitment, selection and training of the sales team, ensuring that team development and training plans are in place and successfully executed.
* Set quality KPI’s for your team and ensuring these are achieved through effective, regular performance measurement, feedback and reviews.
* Responsibility for the smooth running of administrative and sales systems for the portfolio
* Reporting of weekly and quarterly revenue to senior management.
* Work alongside ad, design, tech and product development teams to secure innovative and market leading solutions
* Work closely with the Head of Sales, Managing Director, Publisher & editorial team on partnership activity and new commercial opportunities
* Represent the wider Immediate Media ad portfolio where appropriate to clients and agencies
* Initiate and attend appropriate team, department, brand and company meetings
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* A proven track record of successfully selling advertising to agencies and major companies at the highest level
* Significant digital sales experience. Programmatic sales experience is a plus.
* Ability to think both strategically and laterally to drive value for MadeForMums
* Proven track record of managing a sales team
* Excellent business and numeracy skills
* Extensive contacts in ad agencies and lifestyle sectors
* Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills and experience of all the highest level
* Superb communication skills
* Leadership - Creates and communicates an inspirational vision for the future in which people understand where they fit in and how they can contribute. Is approachable, friendly and visible. Takes personal responsibility for modelling and driving values and leadership practices
* Organisation & Management - Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results
* Building Relationships - Builds long term partnerships. Listens well and responds appropriately. Is sensitive to customer needs and concerns. Trades off short term cost for the benefit of long term relationships.