6 months ago
Agile Project Manager - Data
More information about this job
The Economist Group logo
The Economist is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to Apple TV/OTTapps and VR Experiences. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
With a growing global circulation and a reputation for insightful analysis and opinion on every aspect of world events, The Economist is one of the most widely recognised and well-read current affairs publications.
The Economist’s Digital Solutions team is a passionate group of digital professionals who look after a number of digital products and services, both facing our readers and The Economist's businesses. The team consists of a range of skills, from product managers to data scientists, working in cross functional teams, on mobile products and business intelligence alike. Fostering strong agile engineering practices and making data-driven decisions the team plays a pivotal role in making our business partners deliver growth.
Our Agile Project Manager, will help us execute our strategy by owning and coordinating our business-to-technology relationships to craft creative and innovative digital solutions that deliver high business value. The project also facilitates day-to-day project operations and communications in Agile frameworks and by supporting teams in their product development initiatives. For this role business analyst/data experience is required as you’ll have to work closely with a variety of stakeholder across our business (Media, Circulation, Editorial, Digital) to understand their challenges and needs and translate those into outcome based delivery pipeline.
Are you passionate about agile and ready for a challenge to get it working well with Data? We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager that can also turn their hand to business analysis. You must have hands on experience of delivering projects within an agile framework.
In this role you will be expected to:
* Produce business cases, budgets and plans as required
* Manage multiple backlogs with a team that are relatively new to agile and will need support/direction
* Deal with and manage multiple delivery teams (that you aren’t the PM for)
* Work with multiple third party suppliers
* Support the Product Owner with all business change activities
* Facilitate workshops
* Be responsible for the day to day management of an allocated budget/s
* Have an agile and adaptable approach when liaising with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Be able to identify, validate, agree and document requirements and change to current processes
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you must have:
* Proven experience in an implementation and migration from Adobe to another analytics provider
* Demonstrable knowledge/understanding of data analytics on Apps, Mobile and Websites within a media organisation
* Demonstrable knowledge/understanding of data platforms and ways you can manipulate data
* Proven experience of delivering a project/s within an Agile Framework from technical implementation through to BAU
* Be comfortable working with software development project management tools (eg JIRA)
* Have proven experience of managing business change activities
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.