3 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Group Connected Apps team.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As the Analyst, you will work closely with other domain analysts (both Business & Technical), technical leadsarchitects, and software delivery teams across all of OTT Global TV Platforms & Apps Software Engineering, Group TV and Digital Platforms (TVDP), and the other Technology divisions.
- Ownership of the requirement analysis process for particular work items taken into the Group Connected Apps roadmap from initiation, engagement with stakeholders during this period to ensure implementation and scope are in-line with wider business
- Working alongside Solution Architects to assist the design of robust, customer experience-based solutions for work coming into the Group Connected Apps department
- Facilitation of workshops with Architects, Product Owners and Developers to ratify the feasibility and desirability of solutions designed across the wider business
- Facilitation of estimation sessions with multiple development teams and Product stakeholders to obtain both high-level ROM estimates, as well as committed low-level estimates
- Documentation to track the timeline of a project’s development in terms of Product scope, RAID information, open questions, solution design and agreed implementation details
- Breaking down requirements into user stories in accordance with the agreed solution design, product scope and technical details, present these to development teams during agile ceremonies
- Understanding of the technical implementation of a particular story and the expected customer experience to be achieved, be able to present the technical details to non-technical audience
- Be highly available for ad-hoc questionsqueries and support development teams during development cycle
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of defining and documenting requirements for delivery into Agile Scrum teams and translating these into technical solutions
- Hands on, demonstrable, experience of preparing user stories & accompanying documentation for client application development across MobilePCMACConsole platforms
- Excellent understanding of the inter-relationships between different technical areas and also business areas
- Has undertaken all stages of the systems delivery lifecycle working closely with software engineering teams implementing your solutions
- Deep understanding and delivery experience of building web & mobile distributed applications, ideally in IT, Media and Telecoms industries
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for playing a key role in ensuring departmental delivery is protected at all times; being highly approachable and available to facilitate on-time delivery
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better