8 days ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
This opportunity is in the American Express Business Insights team within Global Merchant Services Marketing Europe.
Business Insights is a consulting and analytics team that offers our Merchants data driven actionable insights to help improve business performance, enhance existing marketing targeting capabilities and capitalize on new growth opportunities, whilst also partnering with internal customers to provide support on key Merchant strategies and priorities.
The analyst will be expected to own the delivery of analysis on transactional, Cardmember and merchant data to support across a number of business pillars; marketing effectiveness analytics, business intelligence and internal value support. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to effectively query large and complex data sets to drive actionable insights.
Projects require the ability to assess business needs, develop analytical solutions and effectively deliver market-relevant findings to partners across the business, using a combination of data manipulation and strategic thought. The work is varied, has a direct impact on business outcomes and will provide exposure to a number of key business units and internal business partners.
* Delivering (and helping to form) the data/insight strategy behind key Marketing initiatives such as Inbound trigger campaigns and Merchant visits
* Developing and delivering ad-hoc analytics, tools and reporting to drive insights, marketing recommendations and business decisions
* Partnering with a highly skilled marketing team providing input into strategic analytical direction and project scope
* Creation of new products and reports to provide value analytics and insight to a broad audience
* Ability to juggle ad-hoc requests and management of project pipelines
* Communication of recommendations to a non-technical / senior audience
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* SAS/SQL programming skills required for the role (experience or willingness to learn)
* Strategic thinker and problem-solving skills, demonstrating outstanding analytical abilities
* Proven ability to translate business questions into analytical queries with a proven track record of driving actionable business insights and recommendations
* Ability to innovate and openly share insights and new ideas
* Demonstrated success in building and leveraging strong relationships with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders, and the ability to manage multiple projects for stake holders across functions & geographies
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Advanced degree in a mathematics or science based subject preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 6:46:33 AM