20 days ago
You’ll do more than
the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Merchant Data Quality team is a high visibility team that owns one of the core Merchant Data Products named “Consumer Relevant Merchant Data” (CRMD), which comprises of big data based matching and arbitration algorithm(s), data distribution, governance rules, user-interface for data review / manipulation and APIs for real-time data integration to the use-cases.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Support product ownership of CRMD, managing a product roadmap and working with multiple partner teams towards seamless execution.
* Establish and maintain relationship with internal customers of the product across various organizations within American Express. Keep the partners engaged with latest product development efforts and capture their needs/inputs to further enhance the product.
* Evaluate internal and external data sources with a focus on improving data accuracy / coverage and generate recommendation on the best source to be used.
* Partner with Data Science / Big Data Lab team to implement advanced data matching and arbitration algorithms including (but not limited to) machine learning, text mining, etc.
* Closely partner with Technology team to frame business requirements (user-stories), test and deliver data capability projects using Agile methodology.
* Support leadership in executing recommendations for the long-term data strategy, incorporating both business and technical needs.
Offer of employment
with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or a related (quantitative) field preferred, or relevant experience.
* Proven experience with data products or data capabilities is highly desirable.
* Demonstrable analytical aptitude and ability to analyse data to come up with meaningful insights and make informed business decisions.
* Exposure to end-to-end product management / project management (using agile methodology) to quickly convert ideas into objectives, execute priorities and successfully deliver new products & solutions to market.
* Experience with analytical tools/skills such as Hive, SAS/SQL etc. will be required. Exposure to big data/hadoop technologies and analytical tools will be a plus.
* Ability to understand product architecture, and connect the dots between business objective and technical solution to make informed business decisions.
* Good business acumen to convey key benefits to customers and successfully launch new solutions.
* Self-starter who is able to combine exceptional problem-resolution and critical thinking skills and be willing to adapt to new technologies / tools.
* Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
* Knowledge of AXP closed-loop (merchant / network / issuer) data will be a plus.
difference between having a job and making a difference.
has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them
in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on
their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made
a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and
collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even
take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to
take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the
guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
backing of American Express.
Don’t make a
difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on email@example.com orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2019, 4:02:28 AM