17 days ago
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
As a member of the Process Risk Management team, the primary function of this team is to assess risks and provide control expertise to Global Servicing Network (GSN), by ensuring all categories of risk are being managed and controlled in line with risk appetite of the business and relevant regulatory requirements.
The incumbent will support projects in managing risk mitigation initiatives, provide consultation and independent assurance of an effective control environment through testing and monitoring in an effort to ensure risks are identified and sufficiently mitigated through the company’s Operational Risk Framework.
The position will report to the Senior Manager of Governance and Risk Management and will roll under the GSN Governance and Risk Management organization responsible for the overall internal control processes impacting GSN.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Support the effective execution of the PRSA Framework across all processes across GSN.
* Support the development of key measures and reporting to monitor the execution of the PRSA Framework and to assess the effectiveness of the control environment.
* Support initiatives and provide consultation on risks that needs to be considered by the business and ensure risks are properly assessed, measured and mitigated.
* Perform testing on business controls to ensure control effectiveness and the identification of process gaps.
* Capture and analyse control deficiencies via testing, assess the impact and work with business partners to develop and implement appropriate mitigating actions.
* Perform data analysis to identify patterns and trends on process/control gap opportunities.
* Provide actionable insights to drive the appropriate response in the management, mitigation or elimination of risk.
* Perform effective root cause analysis to identify control gaps and recommend appropriate corrective course of action.
* Manage projects related to the implementation of risk mitigation and control enhancement initiatives across GSN.
* Ensure enterprise risks and control requirements are properly understood by the business and implemented effectively within the process.
* Build strong relationships with business partners to understand busines objectives and potential risks to support business partners effectively in effective management of risks.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Proven experience working in public accounting, internal auditing, internal control/operational risk, and/or related experience in the financial services/banking industry.
* An understanding and practical experience of Risk and Control disciplines, including COSO Framework, Audit Approach, Sarbanes Oxley and PRSA Framework is preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with business partners and their teams as well as Operational Risk governance and Risk SME functions outside the business unit.
* Resilient team player and self-motivated with the ability to initiate and execute multiple work streams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously.
* Demonstrated ability to perform analytics and think critically about the process control environment.
* Experience with process mapping.
* Strong analytical skills. The candidate should be very comfortable with Excel, Access and Visio.
* University degree or equivalent experience.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2018, 11:33:33 AM