2 months ago
Role: Scientist - NPD
Location: DePuy synthes, Blackpool.
As a Scientist - NPD, your typical day may include:
* To contribute to cross functional projects encompassing product design changes, compliance and vigilance investigations, stability studies or other relevant subjects.
* To perform a variety of laboratory testing including analytical, formulation, and mechanical-based methodologies.
* To generate high quality written work including maintaining an up to date lab book, writing protocols and reports, and managing raw data (recording, referencing and storing).
* To report the outcomes of all testing using appropriate formats and proactively present these to project leaders and managers along with scientific interpretations and recommendations for follow up work.
* To maintain the highest technical standards in laboratory areas, treating equipment with respect and ensuring maintenance, calibration, validation, HS&E and general housekeeping are maintained at all times.
* To proactively identify, develop and validate new methods and equipment as required for project delivery and core business improvement.
* To possess intimate hands-on knowledge of core business products including orthopaedic bone cements, drug-device combination products and bone substitutes testing and training. To maintain a high degree of laboratory presence to apply strong technical guidance and expertise.
* To develop a basic understanding of orthopaedic surgery/surgical techniques relating to the company’s products and marketing materials.
* To create project plans for assigned technical work programs and proactively to communicate these milestones and lead-times to the project leaders and managers.
* To manage personal workload and assist the wider group managing conflicts and bottlenecks.
* To co-ordinate external suppliers and partners and to develop commercial and technical
* To demonstrate a working knowledge of the orthopaedic landscape and keep up to date with industry news and trends.
* To be responsible for compliance of lab books, raw data and reports in accordance with all relevant procedures.
* To follow the Project Control and Design Control processes (applicable to both current and legacy products)
* To implement and adhere to all local, corporate and industry procedures relating to product development. For example risk management, FMEA, HS&E, COSHH/Chemical handling, regulatory, quality.
* To follow and promote company HS&E and quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain excellent results.
* To carry out such further tasks that may be delegated to me by my immediate manager.
To perform a wide variety of analytical testing and complex investigational
work using well developed technical skills and a rigorous scientific approach.
Responsibilities will be focused on analytical chemistry with experience in
method development and method validation in support of the DePuy Synthes, Blackpool
core products as well as new product development programs.
To be part of this high performing team you will have:
* Market, Product, and Disease State Knowledge, with New Concept Development experience
* Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Polymer Science or related subject
* Essential to demonstrate technical skills acquired in a relevant scientific role
* Use of Microsoft office tools for communication and reporting
* To have the special aptitude for problem solving together with analytical skills.
* To have numerical reasoning, and verbal reasoning abilities
* Working knowledge of Design Controls procedures
* Greenbelt/Blackbelt in Process excellence/Experimental design
* Knowledge of Lean tools and methodologies
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
* Committed to caring
* Responsible to our communities
* Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
* Rare in our background and experiences
* The drivers of our own success
* Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)