4 months ago
Analytics Technical Business Consultant - Retail Industry (EMEA)
UK-London | UK-Marlow | FR | BE-Tervuren | CH-Zurich | DE | NL-Huizen | ES-Madrid | SE-Stockholm
SAS is looking for a Technical Business Consultant who can provide analytics expertise to our potential Retail customers. This person will have deep hands-on analytics experience as well as experience building technical architecture and analytics solutions within the Retail sector.
As Technical Business Consultant, Primary Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
* Builds trusted relationships with sales teams and client accounts, such that they can leverage their industry and technical expertise to increase the company’s credibility and communicate the company value proposition primarily in sales situations that advance the sales of software.
* Utilizes knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings.
* Ensures that proper expectations are set to ensure customer satisfaction. This may involve the delivery of compelling software demonstrations as appropriate to the sales situation.
* Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings. Understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides strategic leadership for sales opportunities.
* Clearly articulates the breadth and value of software and the company in assigned domain or business/industry area. Clearly states how the company differentiates from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as analysts or the press.
* Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s or business case requests utilizing the RFP Repository and/or crafting thorough and compelling answers and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
* Works with product marketing, product management, sales and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
* Contributes to the design and production of sales, pre-sales and marketing materials.
* Proactively drives customer retention efforts.
Candidate Profile and Characteristics
* Ability to clearly present technical concepts to CIO, senior architects, and customer leaders
* Must have energy, passion, and strong commitment to driving new sales as well as ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the implementation process and afterwards
* Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
* Understanding and being able to quantify business value of analytical solutions in financial terms familiar to retail executives.
* Must have knowledge of:
* SAS Programming and coding for big data solutions including skills in Python, R, Hadoop
* Integration and dataflow for moving data to and from Hadoop / RDBMS to statistical modelling
* Technical architecture with the ability to do technical sizing requirements for SAS software solutions
* Cloud/hosting as well as big data and modern architecture
* Sales and/or pre-sales in the retail industry including retailers, wholesalers and their suppliers
* Technical experience building analytics solutions for the retail industry
* Experience having worked either in the retail industry or the technology industry with a focus on consulting into the retail industry.
* Fluent in English and French and/or German
* Willing to travel
This is role will require travel across EMEA & is based from any of our offices in region preference for Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Nordics, U.K. or Spain. We have a modern working environment with superb facilities designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration.