10 months ago
Assistant Financial Accountant
* Assistant Financial Accountant
* Saga Healthcare
* 17/07/2018 22:59
Salary Up To
Job Description Summary
Saga Healthcare is a private homecare service with a difference. Our aim is to help our clients remain independent while still getting the support they need. We tailor our support to each client’s lifestyle and care requirements using high quality carers and our in-house technology platforms. Saga Healthcare was formed just over 3 years ago and has the buzz, excitement and challenge of a ‘start-up’ but with the strong support and backing of Saga PLC.
The business consists of two national agency care businesses Country Cousins and Patricia Whites, SOS Alarms and Saga Care at Home.
• To become the UK’s most trusted, bespoke and premium Homecare provider of choice
• To make the lives of our clients better
• To give our carers skills and time to care
• To help our team become the best through the Saga Way
As the Assistant Financial Accountant you will gain exposure to all elements of the finance function from purchase ledger, credit control, invoicing and expenses. The role will take the lead on ensuring Patricia Whites clients are invoiced correctly, ensuring credit control, resolving debt issues and working closely with the operational team to ensure smooth financial processes are in place for our clients.
You will also take the lead on Invoicing for Saga Care at Home (the new start up business), running the expenses process for the whole business and maintaining governance and approvals of the Purchase Order Log.
Many of the systems for saga Care at Home are designed in house and so you will be expected to continually review and suggest improvements to process rather than accepting the status quo.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
• Ensure prompt payment to suppliers and carers as well as ensuring invoicing timing is up to date and cash controls and debt collection are maintained.
• Financial support to the Financial Accountant completing adhoc analysis and tasks as requested.
• Become knowledgeable in Saga Healthcare’s systems to understand and improve processes.
• Running the timely invoicing cycle for Patricia Whites and Care at Home checking accuracy of information and ensuring clarity for clients.
• Running the weekly expense cycle.
• Maintaining the Purchase Order Log and ensuring accurate recording of coding and approvals.
• Completing cash reconciliations.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Good PC skills including MS Office (excel).
• Demonstrate the ability to work to strict deadlines and tight timelines.
• Good at prioritising work load.
Education and Qualifications:
• Ideally educated to degree standard.
• Strong A Level results.
• Studying towards ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
• Strong time management skills / get the task completed approach.
• Managing results – being results focused, recognising the need to sometimes make compromises.
• Flexibility – being able to cope with changing demands, amending priorities appropriately and having the ability to manage change.
• Impact & influence – the ability to communicate clearly & concisely in either written or verbal form; persuading others to your point of view.
• Self-confidence – the ability to recover from setbacks, having the confidence to admit to mistakes and to learn from them.
• Team working – the ability to work constructively and effectively in a cross functional team.
• Good interpersonal skills & ability to interact at all levels with composure.
• “Can do” attitude / pragmatic approach to problem solving & identification of solutions.
• Flexible / customer centric.
• Professional / ethical / Confidential.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs