5 months ago
Assistant Merchandiser, IMTV
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate Media TV has an exciting position within our JewelleryMaker team in the role of Assistant Merchandiser, reporting to the Supply Chain and Merchandise Manager.
JewelleryMaker is the UK’s only eCommerce and TV channel dedicated to jewellery making. The JM team has grown from 80 to 125 passionate staff over the last 2 years and we now have a Merchandising Team of 3 working hard to bring our customers the very best products.
Founded in 2010, we offer our engaged jewellery makers the chance to use genuine gemstones in their creations and receive first class inspiration for a range of jewellery making mediums. We now broadcast live for 14 hours per day, 365 days per year on Sky, Virgin, Freesat and Freeview and we live stream online.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Assistant Merchandiser who is seeking an exciting new challenge within a growing eCommerce and Craft TV Shopping retailer. You will be a key member of the team helping to drive sales and profitability of our craft based jewellery category.
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain and Merchandise Manager, you will be responsible for category reporting and analysis for the Buying and Merchandising teams, managing stock levels to ensure availability for essential products, setting up new products and keeping accurate records. You will work closely with all areas of the business, developing key relationships with the Warehouse, Buying and Sales teams, and external stakeholders including suppliers and 3rd party logistics partners.
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong analytical skills and you’ll have strong organisation skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and focus on key issues whilst working to exacting deadlines, as well as having previous Merchandising experience.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, apply now.
* Running daily, weekly and monthly category reporting and analysis as required by the merchandising and buying team
* Creating and reviewing analysis whilst closely working with the buying team to select the right product ranges
* Management of event and project launches ensuring on time launch in line with the critical path
* Understanding the management of intake and stock position by way of the WSSI
* Forecasting and managing essential product list to ensure availability is maintained at all times
* Management of stock levels for online range, ensuring current range availability is optimised along with building stock levels for promotional events
* Accountable for purchasing approval within agreed parameters
* Responsible for maintaining accurate records of commitment in order to provide stock budget forecasts
* Liaise with suppliers, warehouse and 3rd party logistics companies to ensure a smooth flow of stock
* Setting up all new products with product codes and ensuring purchasing sheets are accurately uploaded
* Raise purchase orders with guidance from the Merchandiser and ensure orders are raised on time, in line with the critical path
* Work with the warehouse team to ensure accurate intake of stock and look to improve processes where possible
* Build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; buying, suppliers, sales and warehouse teams
* Gain commercial awareness of our product ranges, competitors and our Omni channel sales platforms
* Presenting trading analysis to the management team in weekly trading meetings
* Responsible for the exit strategy of aged stock
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Previous merchandising experience preferred
* Experienced Microsoft Excel user at an intermediate to high level
* Highly numerate
* Previous experience using stock systems and running reporting
* Passionate and Ambitious
* Commercial aptitude and systems knowledge
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
* The ability to perform under pressure and work in a very fast paced environment
* The capability to prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines