11 months ago
Associate Data Scientist, SAS Global Pre-Sales Academy - Graduate Training Programme
Associate Systems Engineer – SAS Global Presales Academy
SAS technology allow its customers to achieve results in a wide range of diverse industries. From ensuring your bank account is not compromised to analyzing the data behind which drugs go to market faster, or helping with natural disasters, SAS is changing the way big data is used every day! #Data4Good
You will join SAS as an Associate Systems Engineer in a permanent position based in our Marlow, UK office. As part of a concentrating training programme, you will attend The SAS Global Presales Academy, which is an 18 week (16th July 2018 – 16th November 2018) concentrated technical program at our US headquarters in North Carolina. This provides training in SAS’ core technology (advanced analytics, data management and visualization), consultative skills and methodology, product positioning, business practices and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed. As an Associate Systems Engineer, you will provide technical assistance for software presale and/or post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry segment processes and challenges. After the 18 weeks you will return to the UK and begin your career within our Presales division.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work with the sales team on technical activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
* Provide consultative services, including architecture recommendations to support proposed solution and possess technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics, data management, and visualization.
* Translate business requirements into SAS technical solutions and link to business value.
* Identifies appropriate architecture, application, tools, and solutions for targeted accounts.
* Prepares technical demonstrations, proof of concepts, and presentations based on client needs.
* Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
* Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related quantitative field.
* Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
* Academic projects or work experience in information technology, engineering, and/or business analysis.
* Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
* Candidates must be willing to work in Cary, NC, USA for the duration of the Academy program.
* Ability to travel up to 30-40% or as business needs dictate.
* Strong written & verbal English language communication skills.
* Strong academic performance
* Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and present to users from various technical backgrounds.
* Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Ability to understand customer pain points and recommend SAS products/solutions that address those areas.
* Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
Preferences (but not essential)
* Experience programming with languages such as R, Python, SAS, Lua or similar.
* 1 year of programming in SAS or languages related to assigned area.
* Knowledge of software development life cycles.
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
* Understanding of Unix/ Linux or data warehouse architectures.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorised to work in the UK, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.