about 1 month ago
* BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Qualified solicitor, with experience in private practice or in an in-house team in the U.K.
* Experience in negotiating, drafting, and advising clients on commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions, IP licensing, and marketing and promotion arrangements.
* Experience with privacy, data protection, and competition law
* Ability to respond quickly and crisply to legal requests from Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal advice that business people can use.
* Skill in managing and prioritizing multiple clients, projects, and deadlines.
* Engaging public speaking style and a good sense of humor.
About the job
You'll be a part of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company.
As Associate Legal Counsel for Google Assistant and Search, you’ll negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements covering many of Google’s key products, with a particular focus on our strategic business partnerships with major content licensors, music services, food ordering platforms, and other stakeholders in the tech and content industries.
You’ll support a range of business development and product managers within Google and you'll be working for clients in Google offices throughout EMEA and the United States. This means you are highly organized and calm, think quickly and practically, and pay close attention to detail while keeping Google’s larger strategic goals in mind. You are creative and risk-tolerant and you can design crisp, streamlined, plain English agreements and implement them through scalable contracting structures. You are eager to make a clean break from traditional legalese and keep our teams moving forward at high velocity.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
* Negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements and design templates that reflect Google’s policies, local law, and the fast-moving market.
* Develop expertise in a wide range of Google products that integrate with Google Assistant and Search, and build strong relationships with business clients in our various EMEA offices.
* Advise senior management, business clients, and U.S. legal teams on various aspects of English law.
* Advise pragmatically on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, and company policies in a risk-tolerant, product-driven environment.
* Work collaboratively with US and other regional legal colleagues to simplify and continuously improve Google’s standard template agreements and legal processes.