9 months ago
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
In this role, you will partner with Google’s EMEA-based Marketing, Strategic Partnerships, PR and Policy teams to help us deliver our Brand and Reputation strategies for the region.
You will work across the organization, collaborating with senior leaders to figure out how to help to get new ideas resourced and implemented. You'll also use your comprehensive understanding of the digital marketing landscape, gained through past work experience or qualifications such as the Google Digital Workshop certificate. In addition, you will contribute to developing methodologies that can be used to measure the impact of initiatives relating to Google’s Brand and Reputation, while also developing recommendations for business leaders regarding proposed initiatives.
Opening date for applications: 26th April 2018
Closing date for applications: 24th May 2018
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Oversee annual and quarterly planning, OKR management and strategic planning processes. Lead performance and data analyses in order to recommend, substantiate or reject priorities.
* Act as a thought partner for the team. Provide help and develop internal process designs in a fast growing environment. Share best practices and benchmarking, and manage headcount processes and system resource allocation.
* Manage data-driven budget planning and create principles- and strategy-based top-down allocations. Ensure bottom-up asks are impact-based, and reconcile the two in order to enable the team to achieve the best possible results.
* Serve as a trusted business partner for the Brand & Reputation cross-functional team. Manage budget processes and systems, along with project management and coordination. Provide operational oversight regarding individual strategy/operations deliverables or projects.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience at a management consulting firm, bank and/or marketing firm, or in a role requiring rigorous analytical problem solving and quantitative analysis skills and subsequently communicating associated findings to senior management.
* Demonstrated analytical success. Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
* Penchant for technology, with demonstrated creative and leadership and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of Google's products and the broader technology industry.
* Demonstrated understanding of the digital marketing landscape, with Google Digital Workshop certification or equivalent experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with distinctive problem solving and analysis skills. Effective interpersonal skills, as well as impeccable business judgment.