3 months ago
Associate Systems Engineer, SAS Global Pre-Sales Academy
Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps-customers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.” To get a feel for what it is like to work at SAS - Click Here
SAS technology allow its customers to achieve results in a wide range of diverse industries. From ensuring your bank account is not compromised to analyzing the data behind which drugs go to market faster, or helping with natural disasters, SAS is changing the way big data is used every day! #Data4Good
The SAS Global Presales Academy is an 18 week training program that prepares participants for a career as a SAS Systems Engineer. The program provides hands on concentrated technical training in SAS’ core technology (advanced analytics, data management and visualization), consultative skills and methodology, product positioning and business practices and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed.
Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program at SAS' global headquarters in Cary, NC (USA) beginning January 2019.
Upon completion of the presales training program, you will work as an Associate Presales Systems Engineer responsible for providing technical assistance for pre-sale and/or post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of SAS’ software and solutions, architecture and industry specific technology.
As an Associate Presales System Engineer, you will:
* Work with the sales team on technical activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
* Provide consultative services, including architecture recommendations to support proposed solution and possess technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics, data management, and visualization.
* Ability to understand customer pain points, translate business requirements into SAS technical products/solutions and link to business value.
* Identify appropriate architecture, applications, tools, and solutions for targeted customer accounts.
* Prepare technical demonstrations, proof of concepts, and value presentations based on client needs.
* Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business technical requirements during the sales cycle to support the sales team and to contribute to the detailed solution proposal.
* Develop familiarity with SAS’ corporate objectives and initiatives, product positioning, and technology road-maps.
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related quantitative field.
* Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
* Academic projects or work experience in information technology, engineering, and/or business analysis.
* Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
* Candidates must be willing to relocate to the United States for 18 weeks of training and return to the business unit of hire after successful completion of the program.
* Strong academic performance (2:1 or above).
* Candidate must have the ability to travel as business needs dictate.
* Excellent written and oral communication in both country and English language, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate and present to users from various technical backgrounds.
* Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
* Enjoys working on a team and contributing to the overall success of the sales team.
* Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
* Experience programming in languages such as R, Python, SAS, Lau or similar.
* Knowledge of software development life cycles and agile development.
* Understanding of Unix/ Linux or other operating systems.
* Familiarity with cloud and cloud providers.
* This is an entry-level position.
* Candidates must be willing and able to work in the United States during the 18 week training program commencing Jan 2019.
* Must hold current UK right to work, and have a valid passport. Visa or sponsorship is not provided