Are you an experienced social media guru looking to take the next step in your career? Do you get excited when reading about the latest breakthrough developments in science? Are you eager to immerse yourself in the world of cutting-edge medical technology while working for the fastest growing scientific and medical publisher around? If so, then this role is for you!
As the Social Media Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing the social media strategy, optimizing our social channels across the business in order to grow our audiences, drive engagement and ultimately increase revenue.
This role would suit a Social Media Manager looking for a new challenge with fabulous career opportunities within an environment where you can take full responsibility for social media and really make your mark!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and develop the social media strategy across all channels, in line with business objectives
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of the appropriate social media strategy, covering new member acquisition, interest and engagement, conversion, brand advocacy and amplification
- Work with teams across the business (Marketing, Editorial, Sales, Audience) to ensure that social media strategy and activity is integrated with other channels, in order to present a consistent brand experience
- Using appropriate tools, ensure we are monitoring, listening and responding to our social community; feed queries to appropriate teams for response where needed, and ensure that insight generated is fed back to the brand teams
- Collaborate with Sales to support key clients campaigns
- Maintenance of existing accounts, ensuring these all meet best practice and brand guidelines, including creative identity
- Stay ahead of the curve and identify all new channels and platforms pertinent to our brands and advise internal teams accordingly
- Regular reporting of activity and KPI performance vs. target, meeting regularly to review activity, spend and results, developing plans to optimise and remediate as needed
- Provide expert social media insight and advice in order to grow internal understanding and awareness of social media and digital marketing in general
- Effectively manage, motivate, train and appraise team members; delegating projects as appropriate and ensuring on time and on budget delivery
- Assist with Marketing projects as required under guidance of Marketing Manager
Required Qualifications Knowledge Abilities & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience with the creation and implementation of social media strategies in order to drive community interest, engagement, new prospect acquisition, database growth, newsletter sign-up, website traffic and ultimately customer conversion
- Experience of generating insight from social media tools to improve marketing effectiveness, innovation and proposition development
- Experience in setting up, communicating with and managing organic social media communities, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Experience in the use of social media management and monitoring tools/software, such as Oktopost/Meet Edgar/Hootsuite/Buffer and Google Analytics
- Intensely results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics
- People management experience (min. 1 year)
- A strong work ethic and the will to strive within a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (up to 10%) - Europe and North America as required
- Relevant editorial experience
- An interest in the sciences
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays off
- Private healthcare (including additional employee perks such as subsidised gym membership)
- Automatic enrolment pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Referral bonus
- A welcoming company culture which is invested in your personal development
- Beautiful location (lunchtime croquet!)
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite events - Easter egg hunts, BBQs, free ice cream, the works!
- Regular company pizza parties
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
Think you fit the bill? Send your CV and cover letter to katy.pearson@ texerepublishing.com, and tell us why you think you’re the right person for the job!
Please only apply if you fit the skills criteria above.
Due to the volume of applications we can only respond to candidates matching the above criteria.