This leading legal firm is seeking a Business Development Executive to provide high quality, proactive business development support to the Business Group. The role holder will seek to build relationships with the relevant practice areas both domestically and internationally in order to gain an understanding of their business objectives and contribution to the formulation of the business plans.
The Business Development Executive (BDE) will work closely with the Business Development Manager (BDM) and the wider Business Development Team to implement business development, client relationship management and marketing strategies for the Business Group. Responsibilities include:
* Contributing to the development of, and ongoing maintenance of action oriented business development plans for the relevant practice areas and proposing, agreeing and managing Department BD budget for some Practice Areas/ Industry Groups, monitoring budget spend (alongside BDM)
Client Relationship Management
* Supporting the firm's key client programme by taking responsibility for several key client accounts. Working with the lead partner to help run team meetings and ensure that the client plan is developed and implemented effectively.
Bids and Proposals Management
* Management of Bids and Proposals from end to end where relevant and in conjunction with Head of New Business and working with the BD Assistant to produce relevant Bids/Proposal information and materials
* Working with BD Manager to implement and drive the international business plans for the business group
Industry sector focus
* Working with the business group partners and leaders in order to encourage engagement in the firm-wide industry focus and implementing and creating strategy for BGA-led industry groups
* Working with members of the BD Team to deliver coaching/training to support the development of the Associates business development skills
* Working with the HR team and Associates to help create their development plans and to achieve their BD objectives.
* In support of the marketing plan, drive and manage activities such as PR, hospitality and seminars in order to generate enquiries and build client relationships
* Conducting market research and analysis in order to develop creative and profile raising thought leadership campaigns and initiating internal communications in order to increase referrals from other parts of the firm.
You will have strong academic results, solid business development/client relationship management experience at a similar level from within professional services, and experience within the finance and/or real estate sector will be beneficial. You'll possess excellent communication skills - both written and oral and the ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC