This leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, is looking to appoint a BD Manager (12 month FTC). Providing a broad range of support to the wider firm across Business Development, Tenders, Marketing and Events, this is a temporary role to support an interim change of leadership in the team.
The principal aim of this role is to ensure the operational delivery of a first class BD and marketing service to specific sector groups. This will encompass working very closely with the Head of Business Development, and key housing and social care partners, supporting them in their client development and sales roles.
The candidate will support the growth of the firm by focusing on the following priorities: -
* Sector strategy which develops proposition and market specific messages including producing data for sector meetings.
* Sales strategy for major accounts and mid-market, including producing plans for top targets and clients.
* Sales account and opportunity management, including horizon scanning of the market, ensuring the CRM system is up to date and helping to develop new products.
* Develop tactical and strategic marketing plans that support sector objectives and facilitate face to face relationship building.
* Capability development - work with fee earners to develop their personal potential and personal brands.
* Produce literature, flyers, updates, award entries and co-ordinate the publication of thought leadership materials.
* Manage the collation and updating of case studies for website and bids team; ensuring the housing and social care sections of the website are up to date.
* Work with the events team in relation to the agenda of events that will help the housing practice develop its reputation and generate leads in a cost effective manner.
* Proactively manage relationships with key housing and social care industry contacts, publications, websites and other external bodies.
You will be an existing BD professional with experience of working in either a legal or professional services environment at manager level (minimum of five years relevant experience) and will be able to demonstrate experience of successfully supporting the delivering of a coherent marketing and business development strategy with tangible results; an excellent understanding of the full range of marketing and business development activities necessary for a progressive organisation; project management experience and the ability to juggling multiple priorities against tight deadlines; proven experience of delivering commercial solutions which are engaging, creative and realistic.
You must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to engage at all levels and a proven ability and experience of leading, motivating and developing a team - an ability to build effective, credible and long-lasting relationships, especially at senior level, are able to think analytically, whilst also demonstrating creativity and enthusiasm, and possess strong organisational skills.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC