3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Business Intelligence and Management Information team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the Business Intelligence and Management Information team within the Data Technology and Analytics directorate, you’ll be specifically focusing on driving data solutions and insight from the delivery of our project pipeline.
- Suggest and design innovative solutions for data insight utilising tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, SQL and GCP.
- Understanding our stakeholders’ business areas.
- Work with stakeholders on projects, i.e. to develop data sets and visualisation that exposes key insights.
- Extract data and run analysis to produce reliable and robust results.
- Come up with innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Oversee the implementation of your insights. You will often work right through from the ideas stage to seeing it become a reality.
- Understand and abide by data protection rules. Understand and abide by data protection rules.
- Understanding Business Issues: working with stakeholders to understand their decisions and the opportunities these present
- Designing solutions: based on your knowledge of our data and toolsets, design a technical approach to addressing the business issue. Logical, end to end thinking from the outset.
- End to End solution delivery: Excellent technical execution and getting it right first time. Project management skills would help.
- Creating and presenting data solutions: Get business buy in for your solution to solve the business questions, be a subject matter expert for data.
- Commercial interest: Keen interest in the media industry and a desire to follow recent trends in the market.
- Working in a dynamic environment: Enjoys working in an innovative and creative environment. Enjoys task-focused delivery, a fast pace of work and overcoming challenges. Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment.
- Team player and professional attitude: Persistence, resilience and being helpful to others and be able to work through problems using initiative and self-reliance.
- Integrity: Willingness to speak up on difficult issues with own opinions, at the same time be humble and be able to ask for help.
- Be proficient in creating solutions for business data though reports and self-serve data views utilising skills in SQL, Excel, Business Objects, Cloud based data solutions and toolsets, and Tableau.
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about