6 months ago
Although this is a broad ranging role, your primary areas of focus will be projects, data governance and strategy, which will involve a number of activities within each area. From a project perspective, you’ll be building relationships with people across the business, obtaining requirements, helping to manage planning and priorities, raising change requests and facilitating UAT testing.
The data governance element of the role will utilise more of your technical and problem solving skills as you check data coming into the business, create data quality rules and reconcile data sources, resolving issues that might arise. You’ll also be supporting the implementation of our new data strategy initiative through the production of plans and documentation, making sure it’s aligned with our other projects.
This is just a snapshot of the role, so we’re looking for someone who thrives on multi-tasking and knows how to prioritise their work. And while you don’t need a background in financial services, experience and knowledge of SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio and the use of SQL for data querying would be an advantage.
We’d welcome a positive attitude that contributes to the wellbeing of the wider team and someone who’s equally comfortable following a process and being more agile when it’s required. And if you’re great at communicating with people whose technical knowledge might not be as good as your own, that would be a real plus.
About the Society
When you become a Skipton colleague you’ll be supported by a friendly, knowledgeable team that’s always ready to help and support you. Every project you work on will be a potential development opportunity and the sky’s the limit for proactive individuals prepared to set their own agenda - all within a high performing organisation that encourages colleagues to be curious and challenge the mainstream.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfill their career potential. This includes consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests
* Car Allowance – if applicable to role
* More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care