I am delighted to be recruiting this brand new Bid Manager position with my client in County Durham. I am keen to speak to experience Bid writers / Proposals Managers with experience in people management, highly commercial as well as a track record of sourcing, winning and submitting sucessful tenders.
The client are an ecommerce business in County Durham
The Bid Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Provide pricing and producing tender solutions to support the business
- Liaise with different departments ensuring costings meets customer requirements.
- Provide support to other members of the bid team.
- Manage the production and submission of tenders for various clients under the direction of the Director, Corporate accounts and other senior team members.
- Liaise with client's representatives to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements
- Manage all aspects of the bid including carry out site visits, subcontractor quotes, internal pricing analysis and operational analysis.
- The production of presentations, obtaining input from team members that may also have responsibility for the client account.
- Liaise with the operations staff to ensure a complete solution is put forward against the specific requirements.
- Prepare documentation for our internal bid sign off procedure, providing commercial commentary that provides senior managers with sufficient information to complete the process
- Ensure all biding and documentation adheres to the company policies and procedures
The ideal Bid Manager will have the following experiences and skill set:
- An extensive background as a Bid Manager / Proposals Manager / Estimator with a track record of successful tenders
- Hold a APMP (Bid & Proposals Management) Foundation level would be advantageous but not essential
- A track record of sourcing local authority, government and large-scale tenders, using a wide variety of tools and contacts.
- Experience in undertaking tender opportunities from the initial pre-qualification stage through to bid preparation, adjudication and submission.
- Have an excellent eye for detail and be highly organised, able to work on multiple projects at once
- The ability to lead and manage successful bid/ marketing teams and a developing network of customer relationships.
- Have a highly commercial mind
- Able work autonomously but also as part of a broader team, dependent on the size of the bid.
- Excellent time keeper - able to work in a fast paced, customer led environment
- Able to travel daily to the site in County Durham
An excellent role in one of the North East fastest growing business. Salary £30 - £35k