As Bid & Pursuit Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end bid process and management strategy. An integral part of the global bid team, you will lead the development of bid responses and pursuits in collaboration with the bid team, business development and other stakeholders by developing leading and persuasive bid content for each requirement and client. Supporting bids throughout the process to ensure bid excellence, you will contribute to the strategic growth of the firm through new and existing business wins.
The Bid & Pursuit Manager will report to and work closely with the Head of Bids and will be an integral member of the Global Bid Team and wider business development function.
- Manage the bid process to ensure best practice and responses are developed for individual client requirements
- Work with Fee-earners and BD team members to define the bid strategy with a clear value proposition and win themes for critical and strategic bids
- Manage members of the Global Bid team (where required) working collaboratively with all members of the firm
- Lead the management, writing, reviewing, proof reading and amendment support to bid responses for improved internal compliance
- Monitor and promote bid best practice regarding writing style and tone while being compliant to individual client bid requirements or restrictions
- Support the Head of Bids to deliver all bid activity at the highest standards of quality and excellence
- Support client research, stakeholder briefings and reports on major and complex bids and pursuits
- Contribute to the design of graphical elements for written proposals, such as operating models, value propositions and complex themes
- Provide critical support for the firm's preferred Bid technology for the creation and delivery of bids
- Deliver the firm's content management strategy by developing and writing leading content for the content library
- Monitor usage of written content through bid technology and provide guidance on improvements and spot data / content gaps
- Analyse bid response feedback against written responses to support the improvement of overall quality, win rates, activity and spot to trends
- Risk and control: ensure all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies
You must have excellent bid management capability and experience of proposal writing and management in either a legal, professional services or other relevant environment, and experience of producing written content for proposals. You'll possess strong bid process knowledge, writing and project management skills; able to transform technical information into clear, compelling, succinct content for proposals to various audience types (including public sector government/councils), banks, financial institutions and corporates). You will have excellent organisational abilities and time management and be used to using and managing a bid library and/or pitch automation system, and co-ordinating inputs from multiple stakeholders (including technical subject matter experts as well as business development teams).
You will be a highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills, be self-motivated; comfortable working autonomously to deliver the objectives of the role with limited day-to-day supervision, be a team player, with a strong service ethic and a desire to add value to the firm by improving the quality and usability of bid content.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC