Job Title: Branch and Section Events Officer
Salary: £28,527 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 4th February 2019
The Company is the trade union and national professional association for dentists in the UK. They are currently seeking a Branch and Section Events Officer to join their busy Events team.
This is a full-time role which will be based at their offices in central London. The post-holder will professionally manage and deliver a comprehensive events support service to the Organisation's Branches, Sections, Divisions and Young Dentist Groups. It will be important to ensure that high quality standards and excellent customer service are maintained.
- Responsible for the organisation and delivery of the Organisation's events support service to Branches, Sections, Divisions and Young Dentist Groups
- Develop good relationships with local officers and ensure ongoing liaison and communication
- Secure Local officer agreements for anyone involved in liaison at a local level
- Secure the relevant programme, speaker copy and event details on the Events information form for each event
- Add local events copy to the Organisation's website and set up for delegate bookings
- Compile and proof all written copy, promotional pieces and website pages for each event
- Brief the Branch and Section Events Executive regarding email and postal mailings
- Provide mailing lists for local officers when requested
- Update the Event management spreadsheet for each event as activities and milestones are reached
- Responsible for managing delegate bookings (online, phone and post), processing offline delegate registration fees and issuing refunds when appropriate for events
- Oversee a large number of events and it will be really important to pay attention to detail, be accurate in the work
- Maintain a high level of customer service with delegates and local officers
- Working closely with local officers to guide them and update them on delegate bookings in the run up to their events
- Prepare for events, including compiling the attendance register and preparing the CPD certificates for each delegate booked
- After each event use the returned attendance register to update and process 'walk-ins' and payments, mark 'no shows' on the database, and archive the register
- After each event liaise with finance to reconcile delegates fees
- After each event provide event and financial feedback to the Secretary and Treasurer
- Update and maintain the Branch and Section web pages with local officers and upcoming events
- Respond to appropriate member and delegate enquiries
- Assist other colleagues in the Branch and Section Support team and the wider Events team as and when necessary
- Attendance at local events and colleagues' events as required
- Undertake special projects as and when necessary
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Experience of delivering events and experience of proof reading items such as promotional flyers and website copy
- A commitment to a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent personal organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise, plan, work to tight deadlines and manage a range of complex administrative demands
- The ability to liaise and interact with people at all levels
- Able to work with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working as part of an effective and busy team
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and use of using a contact management database
- A generous company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cash back for various healthcare treatments
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised gym membership
The Company reserves the right to close this advert once a sufficient number of suitable applications have been received. Candidates are therefore encouraged to complete and return their application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
They are an equal opportunities employer and an Investor in People.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with experience of; Events Officer, Events Coordinator, Event Assistant, Exhibitor Assistant, Customer Services, Event Administrator, Exhibitor Services, Exhibition Administration, Customer Assistant, Customer Administration, Exhibition Coordinator, Exhibitor Coordinator, Events, Exhibition will also be considered for this role.