9 months ago
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. A master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.
In this role you will partner with the Marketing, Strategic Partnerships, PR and Policy teams to help them deliver the Google Brand, Reputation and Velocity strategies in EMEA.
You will work work across multiple teams to bring them together. You will contribute to devising methodologies to measure the effectiveness of our business and reputation across the region and develop recommendations of where our resources will have the most impact.
You will also set up and oversee simple, scalable tools to give business leaders the key metrics that matter for their area. You will use these tools to act as a diligent custodian of Google’s financial resources, while also developing insights into the impact of initiatives run by the Marketing and Policy teams in EMEA.
On a quarterly and annual basis, you will review the impact of current initiatives on Google’s Brand and Reputation and be a key part in helping Google overcome business challenges unique to the EMEA region.
Opening date for applications: 27th April 2018
Closing date for applications: 25th May 2018
Competitive salary applies.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Contribute to resource allocation decisions through careful analysis of historical activity and effectiveness.
* Contribute to developing, implementing and executing methodologies to measure the strength of Google’s brand and reputation.
* Analyze the impact of initiatives, create insights and develop recommendations for business leaders.
* Implement and maintain governance processes across several functions.
* Develop tools and data infrastructure to communicate effectiveness across different initiatives to a range of audiences, including leadership teams.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with quantitative analysis and systems.
* Understanding of accounting processes, terminology and finance.
* Ability to motivate colleagues and collaborate effectively to help influence senior leadership.
* Technical skills, including proficiency in SQL.
* Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills.