30 days ago
Brand & Marketing Strategy Manager – Milton Keynes
Brand & Marketing Strategy Manager – Milton Keynes
South East England
Grow with a company that puts customers first
The Brand & Marketing Strategy team is responsible for setting the UK brand strategy and the strategic direction for Marketing.
The team is tasked with defining and monitoring our Marketing strategy ensuring all our activities (planning and evaluation, sponsorship and events, advertising and merchandising, brand and sustainability and marketing operations) consistently deliver against our purpose and contribute to our defined business goals.
In addition the team are required to work with the business to embed our brand positioning across customer experience design and new product development, as well as with the wider Marketing team to ensure it is embedded in our communications.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Brand & Marketing Strategy Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Supporting the development of the longer term strategy for Marketing, leveraging customer insight and a clear understanding of the bank’s strategic objectives to inform the strategy, ensuring Santander delivers on its purpose.
* Working in collaboration with your brand and marketing strategy colleagues and partner agencies, monitoring implementation of the brand and marketing strategy, assessing effectiveness and evolving based on learnings.
* Actively engaging with the wider business to help it understand how to use the brand strategy in its decision making processes, so that our purpose is embedded in our business and operations. Proactively managing internal and external enquiries.
* Tracking and reporting on budget, ensuring all activity is delivered within budget.
* The role holder will be a strong contributor in the Marketing team ultimately accountable for supporting the organisation to achieve its business goals through the definition of innovative and effective marketing activities and Sustainability programmes that deliver on Santander’s brand purpose.
* In addition, this role contributes to the transformation of the Marketing function leveraging digital technologies and new ways of working to drive process improvement and best practices.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Sound understanding of brand and/or marketing strategy, ideally applied in complex services businesses.
* Sound understanding of the customer and drivers of customer behaviour.
* Working knowledge of the changes in digital technology and how these create opportunities to refine targeting and to deliver more effective marketing plans, content and reporting.
* Strong interpersonal skills – persuades and influences others, using a range of approaches, to achieve deliverables and has the ability to build collaborative relationships across the business to senior level.
* Experience of supporting and facilitating cross-functional projects in large organisations, ideally within financial services or other similarly regulated sectors.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.