Brand & Packaging Innovation Manager – Premium Drinks
c.£60K + benefits package
London or Madrid
Exciting and interesting opportunity for a creative-thinking self-starter to bring their skills into the world of premium drinks with a major global player in the spirits industry. Working within the global innovation & insight team, you’ll be taking on a specific remit to develop premium products, packaging concepts and gifting lines to target the high-growth travel retail and e-commerce channels. You will have the opportunity to work with a portfolio of already successful brands available around the world – developing unique to channel products with different liquids, pack formats and associated gift items. Our client is already driving significant growth through these channels and sees this as a massive growth opportunity.
Working cross- functionally with innovation, brand, insight and operations teams as well as external design and packaging companies, your role will be to develop the ideas and propositions, ensuring these are commercially-viable and grounded in consumer insight led thinking. You will then take your recommendation through an innovation stage gate process, before securing buy-in across the global markets to bring them to market.
- Working closely and collaboratively with Brand Innovation Managers, Brand teams and the travel retail and e-commerce teams to facilitate the development of innovative and exclusive products/packs.
- Conduct systematic analysis of the e-Commerce and travel retail channels and relevant competitor activity plus consumer trends and insight data to identify potential innovation opportunities across key brands.
- Working with the Gifting Marketing Manager to identify key gifting occasions and activities across the International markets and develop a 3 year Gifting pipeline that will meet significant revenue targets.
- Using your superb project management skills to plan and prioritize overall team resources and execute a broad variety of projects according to agreed timelines and budget constraints.
- Manage cross functional, multi-market teams to deliver projects efficiently and effectively, from initial ideation, through concept development, liquid and packaging design, to commercialization in market.
- Monitor consumer trends in needs, occasions, flavours and drink experiences, and use these to develop industry leading innovation concepts.
Key Skills Checklist
This is a unique and challenging role where your skills and creativity are more important that your specific background, although it is likely that you will have worked in brand management, innovation, insight or within a brand or design consultancy. Experience in the drinks market is not essential, but you will have worked with other creatively-packaged brands or gifting lines, possibly in the fragrance, personal care, luxury brands, confectionery or premium food categories. Other key skills include:
- Some experience developing product lines for sale on e-commerce sites either for a brand owner or an online retailer.
- Innovation project management experience OR proven experience in managing multi-dimensional projects with multiple inputs and outputs in drinks or other consumer-led categories.
- Track record of cross-functional team leadership and generating motivation/enthusiasm for innovations and other projects.
- Impeccable organisational skills with a resilient, positive mental attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, cross functional organization. Empathetic people skills spanning many nationalities and differing attitudes
- Ability to flex to suit business priorities
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in unstructured environments and able to manage multiple priorities effortlessly with limited supervision, able to work remotely and independently from stakeholders and colleagues in a matrix organization.
- Agency/outside partner management
- Passionate and determined, committed to delivering projects on-time and above expectations.
If you have the skills, flair and passion to take on this fantastic role, please e-mail Adam Tarsh now.