22 days ago
Brand Sales Executive, Lifestyle Group
Last Date for Application
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate Media have an exciting opportunity for a Brand Sales Executive to join the Lifestyle Group. Reporting to an Advertising Manager, you will be working to set monthly Display print and digital revenue targets growing the revenue of new, existing and lapsed advertisers through the effective management of your media agency and client portfolio.
you will be required to work across the Lifestyle team working on numerous brands through print and digital.
In this role you will be responsible for creating a meaningful proposition to agencies and clients. You’ll be expected to be on the phone, talking to new and existing clients, selling digital and print advertising space for our brands as well as be out and about meeting clients face to face. This is a target driven role where your performance is not only measured through revenues but also through client visits (8 per month) and client retention. This is a busy role with a split of 60% new business and 40% existing business.
• Service allocation of agencies & clients by telephone and face to face presentations to maintain required call rates
• Work to set revenue targets and aim to overachieve on these, agreed by Ad Manager / Group Ad Manager
• Responsibility within the team to achieve the overall Brand target
• Adhere to minimum standards and KPI’s of the sales department
• Work on ad hoc projects set by the Group Ad Manager/Ad Manager/Director
• Create and implement new creative ideas that will drive revenues and yields
• Work to set yields and understand and confidently demonstrate the values of our brands
• Maintain up to date records and complete necessary administration within required time frame
• To have a minimum of 8 meetings a month with allocated agencies and clients.
• To establish and develop relationships with key agency personnel and clients.
• To achieve individual objectives set as a result of appraisals/mid-term reviews.
• The role will require occasional evening and weekend work – travel for meetings and presentations. Also the attending of media events and exhibitions.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
• A proven track record of successfully selling integrated advertising solutions to clients and associated agencies
• Ability to think both strategically and laterally to drive value from a client portfolio in a complex and stakeholder driven environment
• An understanding of digital advertising sales
• A proven track record of delivering new business revenue across multiple platforms
• Be fully conversant in traditional advertising formats [print] and well versed in newer ones such as native and social and digital display
• Experience of pitching and delivering integrated partnerships and print display opportunities to larger clients
• Excellent business communication and numeracy skills
• Strong sales negotiation and presentation skills – understand pricing and how to deliver value for advertisers
• Strong communication skills both internally and externally
• Organisation & Management - Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload and arranges task lists accordingly.
• Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results consistently
• Building Relationships - builds long term partnerships. Listens well and responds appropriately. Is sensitive to customer needs and concerns. Strong internal relationships are forged
• Intellectual ability - Is bright and intelligent. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, can demonstrate enthusiasm for the brand topic
• Comfortable delivering challenging revenue goals as part of a team setting