about 1 month ago
Brand Social Content Manager (126220)
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : competitive
: Oct 19, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Brand Social Content Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The role holder will report directly to the Group Head of Brand Marketing and will have responsibility for defining and delivering a new form of branded content to our customers, employees and stakeholders. The purpose of this activity is to tell brand-building stories to change the perception of BT overall – whether that’s the amazing work our Barefoot volunteers are doing in the digital skills space, following the life and death demands fulfilled by our emergency services teams or bringing our prowess in cyber security to life.
What you'll be doing
* Owning a new stream of branded content for BT Group to tell our brand stories to the world: leading strategy, concept and delivery.
* Developing an annual plan for this activity that includes the right franchises and cadence to support its objectives.
* Managing a budget of c. £1m in terms of production and agency fees to bring this stream of work to life (+ some media spend)
* Ensuring integration with our other brand activities, especially quarterly ATL campaigns to provide a seamless “no dead ends” approach to the way the audience experiences our brand stories.
* Being the lead day-to-day client for our agency AnalogFolk and a key stakeholder with our other agencies developing our brand communications above and below the line (Essence, Saatchi & Saatchi, Wunderman, Now, Sideshow)
* Monitoring the delivery and performance of this BTL story-telling activity to inform and optimise our brand activity across all channels.
* Developing strong relationships and working with Marketing, Social Media and Editorial teams and platform owners to ensure this activity compliments and is consistent
* Being a brand advocate and developing a strong understanding of our new identity and design principles to develop an approach that works for this context.
* Understanding modern digital communications and knowing what is appropriate where and when, industry developments and applying best practice at all times.
* Representing BT Group externally as a Social Media expert.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Demonstration of great leadership skills – creating compelling vision, strategy & plans.
* Executional skills – taking that vision & strategy through to in market assets that are fit for use.
* Outputs are based on insight understanding to apply brand learnings to digital channels.
* You’ll be able to show previous experience in owning and developing digital brand and content strategy for social media platforms.
* You’ll bring a track record of briefing and managing an agency to deliver campaigns and assets.
* A strength of yours will be strong analysis and ability to take user insight and translate to business requirements or agency briefs.
Why choose us?
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.