2 months ago
Brand Strategy & Planning Insight Manager
BT Group - London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Our insight centre of excellence champions insight that inspires brilliant decisions across BT. The team has a deep understanding of needs, behaviours and attitudes, and uses this knowledge to develop actionable insights that improve the customer experience and drive commercial performance.
The Brand Strategy & Planning Insight Manager is accountable for leading on Brand insights by developing and defining research and tools to support understanding performance and drivers of performance; championing insight- led recommendations to shape short-term brand & marketing plans and long-term brand strategy. This is a highly influential role in shaping future brand portfolio decisions
What you'll be doing
You'll deliver and champion brand insight to inspire brilliant decisions, ensuring research activity is aligned to market, strategic and brand priorities.
* The go-to person for smart, incisive insight on our customer and brand strategies
* Building relationships with stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business areas and identify key brand risks and opportunities
* Impacting and influence stakeholders to do the right thing as an insight leader
* Championing insight related to brand strategy to inspire brilliant decisions, ensuring research activity is aligned to brand portfolio priorities
* Joining up insights from across different sources to provide the business with a holistic understanding of critical brand and business issues
* Identifing critical insights and help stakeholders understand how to activate against them
* Developing regular reporting/ views of performance that drives action
* Proactively seeking out innovative research techniques to improve insight quality, impact and efficiency
* Leveraging knowledge and insight from external market to guide improvements in research methods over time
* Managing third party agency relationships
* Managing and optimise project budgets
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Knowledge and understanding of the UK telecoms market
* Deep understanding of brand strategy, including industry and non-industry examples
* A strong understanding of different research methodologies and techniques
* Ability to join up insights from across different sources to provide the business with a holistic understanding of critical brand and business issues
* Strong presentation skills, capable of articulating complex ideas with authority and making the case for change
* Thought leadership, influencing our brand strategy
* Managing third party agency relationships
* Presenting to, influencing and collaborating with senior management teams
* Communication with stakeholder groups up to MD levelh
* Experience in strategy, insight or brand roles (or a mix) either clientside or at a strategy consultancy or research agency
* Proven experience in developing strategy through insight for large organisations (e.g. FTSE 100)
* Proven experience in engaging, influencing and collaborating with complex groups of senior stakeholders on strategic and insight issues
* Proven experience of leading project delivery and managing agencies
* Proven experience in influencing performance of a complex business in a customer centric fashion
* Experience in managing budgets
Why choose us?
The Strategy & Transformation team is a central team with a remit across the whole business. It’s role is to focus on the future, helping the company to identify opportunities, risks and challenges so that BT wins in the markets in which it operates. We does this through a focus on customers and competitors, enabling us to design winning strategies for our networks, products and brands.
The Insight team are at the heart of this, putting customer and market insight at the heart of the strategy and the Customer Facing Unit plans. We’re a centre of excellence supporting customer centricity across all of BT and are here to champion insight that inspires brilliant decision making.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.