3 months ago
Brand Words Professional (121855)
: Marketing and products
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive with great benefits
: Nov 7, 2019, 12:59:00 AM
Brand Words Professional
Group Comms - BT Centre, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Our brand is a strategic asset, worth over £10 billion. Which is why it’s so important that people understand our brand and know how to use it in all the right ways. That means being consistent in how we look, sound and write. Great brands are built from the inside out – and that’s where you come in.
This job helps determine how we express our brand in written communications, in all types of communication – to create a consistent and distinctive brand for customers, BT people and the other organisations we deal with.
What you'll be doing
The scope and scale of the of this role is huge. You’ll support the business on all aspects of writing and communications, helping deliver our strategy in this area. This includes tone of voice, writing, editing, training and house style.
You’ll be responsible for editorial guidance and support for every unit and function in BT – including checking writing against our tone of voice guidelines and advising people how to improve the effectiveness of their writing.
* Directly edit and comment on customer comms, working with both internal BT clients and our creative agencies to constantly improve from a brand tone of voice point of view
* Advise on general brand, language, taxonomy and naming issues for the BT Group and its lines of business – including for functions like HR, legal, facilities, learning and development, sales, etc
* Produce brand collateral to support the tone of voice programme, demonstrating examples of best practice
* Support on all aspects of brand naming, including at product and portfolio level, unit naming, local and international offers, and project naming
* Deliver brand workshops for both internal teams and creative agencies
* Contribute to the development and evolution of brand across the BT Group
* Coach and mentor other team members
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* A background in either branding, marketing or communications would be an advantage
* Worked in a large, complex organisation, and have a proven ability to influence people and make a judgement on what’s best for BT overall
* Experience working within a digitally focussed organisation
* Demonstrable understanding of digital design principles and current best practice
* Some experience and appreciation of design
Why choose us?
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, and for society.
We need you to help us do this. Our brand is worth billions and we need people with passion, energy and dedication to promote it, protect it and make sure our values shine through everything we do. You’ll be part of a busy team at the heart of a global brand.
We live by our values: Personal. Simple. Brilliant. They embody everything that we produce.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.