3 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the DRMCA Headend Team on a full time and permanent basis, to provide second line support across Sky’s Content Protection environments, including opportunities to work on production system development. We are seeking someone with strong Digital BroadcastCADRMVOD system experience.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- Project based work; providing the technical lead application expertise on new system content protection deployments.
- Facilitate complete system re-builds, to the testing of new application features leading to product launch and live systems support thereafter.
- Rapid response to live system issues, ensuring that incident management teams andor other support teams are always kept up to date with the progress of any investigation, with responsibility for providing a detailed resolution update, including any further required actions.
- To collate feedback for internal or external parties as appropriate, giving detailed analysis of system irregularities, software defects, data trends and traffic analysis.
- Work within core business hours and provide second line 247 on-call support outside of core hours through partaking in an on-call rota.
- Proven application support experience in a LinuxOracleIP environment
- Good command line LinuxUnixPython and relational SQL and NoSQL database skills
- Software Integration testing experience (functional, non-functional, end-to-end)
- Solid end-to-end troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of DVB systems (Conditional Access experience an advantage)
- Knowledge of DRM systems (Registration & Licence Generation, Content Encryption)
- Knowledge of OTT streaming and download technology (Sky-OVP, HLS, HSS, DASH, CDN)
- Analysis of data in order to provide feedback to enhance business critical systems, or as an insight of system behaviour (Splunk experience an advantage)
- Confident, effective and context-sensitive communication skills
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? today
We’re happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.