7 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Work with the Business Units to define the functional, non-functional, data and infrastructure requirements for IT purposes and the high level approach to delivery of those requirements.
- Contribute to the development of costs benefit analysis, risk analysis and development plans
- Construct or contribute to the construction of business process models using the BPMN notation.
- Build or contribute to the build of logical Data Models defining the business rules, relationships between data entities and the sources of the data.
- Produce the definition of the high level business requirements and prioritise.
- Actively challenge business requirement requests to ensure exact needs are met and fit within the long term goals of both IT and the business.
- Work with internal and 3rd party development to support them in the production of functional specifications ensuring understanding of requirements and their implications and covering e.g. Main system functions including information and work flows, Data migration and Screen dialogues.
- Work with internal and 3rd party development to support them in constructing the solution, performing unit tests and defining the operational procedures
- Work with internal and 3rd party test teams to support them in completing the end to end testing of all systems, including existing systems, identifying and resolving problems and supporting acceptance testing with the user.
- Business and systems analysis – identifying, documenting, prioritising and presenting business requirements and translating them for IT purposes.
- Managing workshops, presenting and gaining acceptance of solutions
- Systems and software development – analysis of requirements, and development of solutions.
- Comprehensive experience of documenting requirements in requirements tools.
- Communication – ability to develop, present and defend recommendations. Credible to both IT and business users.
- Relationship management – ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business users.
- Experience with two or more businessindustry sectors.
- Knowledge and application of development methodologies; UML (Activity Diagrams and Use Cases), RAD and Agile.
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about