3 months ago
Manager, Business Analyst
Enterprise Digital Marketing - London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The role of the Manager, Business Analyst is to lead a team of investigators key in translating user feedback and requirements into actionable prioritized workstreams and engaging in scope negotiation and compromise with stakeholders to ultimately deliver the greatest value to the business.
This team of BA’s will also be ensuring a “sprint ready” feed into development and production to heighten velocities and overall output quality.
This role is also key to identify trends, gaps and in/efficiencies across the wider organization uncovered through these requests/inputs and various relationships.
What you'll be doing
Leading and growing a team of 3-5 Business Analysts, at varying levels, to operate as part of a team delivering digital customer experiences for our enterprise customers (B2B).
Investigating project SOWs and briefs in order to gather requirements, assets and decisions from product owners and stakeholders around the business.
Working with user researchers and product/service owners to translate feedback into actionable and complete user stories ready for consumption.
Leading work with Scrum team to define “sprint ready” and ensure this definition sets out all required conditions, optimizing often.
Feeding the Scrum team a steady stream of work to maximise their productivity.
Supporting the product owners and other BA’s in prioritizing activities for value and according to output goals and timelines.
Facilitating regular stakeholder communication – updates and reporting as required for the business.
Building relationships with the wider business and champion the improved and more collaborative ways of working.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Able to interpret the technical for the business stakeholders and the business for the technical stakeholders.
* Flexible and able to compromise.
* Facilitates difficult conversations within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills and understanding of strategic and tactical business change needs in IT projects.
* Influences, negotiates and has strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication skills and an unrivalled attention to detail.
* Proven experience as a Senior Business Analyst leading a team of Business Analysts.
* Experience with large and complex projects within a corporate environment.
* Experience working with multiple stakeholders across a multiple departments to deliver a vision or goal with various moving parts.
Why choose us?
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, “always on” digital world, our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So, if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward, we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, the experience of new things and the pursuit of a new career! If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community. #aa-ed