5 months ago
Business Design Lead
Band - C
Salary: £38,000 - £47,000
35 hours, full time
Closing Date : 10/07/2019
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
Role Details :
In the position of Business Design Lead, you will be required to oversee the change portfolio for a Payments function, ensuring delivery solutions across all projects within the Portfolio comply with the wider Bank Strategy.
The role achieves this by drawing on a deep understanding of the Business/Portfolio to validate, approve and support creation of key project/business artefacts throughout the project life (from Idea to closure)
* Responsible for the review and approval of the Business Case, ensuring that the estimation of effort, cost and return on investment is accurate and achievable.
* Responsible for the approval of the End to End solution design processes – both ‘asis’ and ‘To Be’ across the assigned Portfolio.
* Represent the project at ‘Business Design Authority’ to review and approve designs in line with the agreed design principles.
* Responsible for the review and sign off of all analyst outputs (example: High-level Business Requirements, Detailed Business Design)
* Responsible for the review and sign off of all testing activities from scripts to closure, ensuring there is traceability from business case to delivery.
* Act as a conduit between Portfolio Leads, Programme Managers and Business Stakeholders/sponsors to ensure the right Business solution is being developed to enable the business to achieve the necessary benefits.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* To have expert knowledge of end to end Payments processes & Compliance.
* To have expert Knowledge of the Payment market and be able to communicate it clearly and concisely.
* Experience of Leading others
* Experience of Banking Change Methodology
* Ability to think strategically and translate into design solutions.
* Experience of Banking IT / Architecture.
* Experience of running Design Authorities.
* Experience of supporting major transformation.
* Build relationships across abroad range of areas and influence internal stakeholders at peer level and above, typically up to Business Leader/Director level.
* Sound, risk-based judgement.
* Agile and delivery orientated.
* Ability to articulate a compelling course of action.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
* Agile working including opportunity to work from home.
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.